Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Dizzy Question

Trader history for KickerST (0)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a couple questions for you.

1: Do you have access to the body control module to control the alternator?
2: The original tune i purchased from you (Love it) was for California 91 octane. The car is stock with a cobb intake. Thats it for now. I now live in North Idaho where they have 92 octane ethanol free. Any idea what kind of increase could be gained from the fuel change with an updated tune to match the fuel we have here?

OP
K
Thread Starter #2
Question 3: Can you turn off the "Horn Notification" when the car door is closed and the key is not in it? Warming up the car in the morning when its 16 degrees at 4am sucks. It sucks even worse for my neighbors.

OP
K
Thread Starter #4
Next time you should say " Dont use this forum to ask questions that others may want want want answers too as well."

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
@KickerST Other than question 1, your other questions have been answered already on this forum. Since I'm a nice guy, I'll answer them:

2. 92 octane ethanol free is likely equivalent or worse than California 91 octane. So there is likely no benefit from running it. Ethanol in fuel is good for our cars because it resists knock. A tune adjustment is likely a good idea to make sure everything is healthy though.
3. No - has not been able to be done with ForScan either.

In the future, tag the person you are trying to contact, or just PM them: @Jason@dizzytuning

OP
K
Thread Starter #7
Hey JD why dont you let me ask my question the way i want and go screw yourself? My questions were for Dizzy and not some know it all asshole with a chip on his shoulder. You could have offered your input but you instead acted like you were 13 on a diggypower trip. So next time piss off unless someone is asking for your help.

Last edited by a moderator:

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Hey JD why dont you let me ask my question the way i want and go screw yourself? My questions were for Dizzy and not some know it all asshole with a chip on his shoulder. You could have offered your input but you instead acted like you were 13 on a diggypower trip. So next time piss off unless someone is asking for your help.
You posted it on a public forum rather than just emailing or calling the recipient for whom you wanted to ask these questions. The irony in you getting annoyed at me answering your questions on this public forum with a bit of an annoyed tone is pretty hilarious. And for what it's worth, I did offer my input just like you asked.

Look at my post count and look at yours, I won't be pissing off anytime soon. Next time, take a look around before you post a question. Chances are it has already been asked and answered by people who have been working on this platform for a long time and have learned a lot and came here to share what they learned, me included.

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Great. Another one of these guys...

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Back on topic: the 92 eth-free fuel up here sucks. It is trucked in from Montana instead of thru the pipeline and most often is without a premium additive package. I highly recommend a Top-Tier provider like Costco & Chevron with ethanol. I have noticeably more knock with the eth-free fuels. The 92 over in the Seattle area is from different refineries and is more like a 93 in performance.

Also, extending an invite to autocross @ the deer park airport this coming spring. If interested, let me know and I’ll give you details.

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
For what it's worth, a lot of times we're more than willing to help people so long as they have indicated that they put in at least as much effort as they expect us to. What that means is showing what you've already tried that didn't work, etc. to demonstrate you've got some skin in the game. Using the forum as an alternative to Google is generally going to get people a little annoyed - to you, it's just one little message just that one time, but to people on the forum that actively look to help out others, it appears to be just one more person too lazy to type their question in to google and read the results, use the search button, or pick up the phone. Your thread can either be totally ignored and get zero responses, or you can get a sassy, good natured nudge and a wink while also pointing you in the right direction - which is what JDG did. He could've said "use the search button", but instead pointed you in the right direction to get the fastest answer.

Also, you tell him to
piss off unless someone is asking for your help.
which you quite literally were.

Status
Not open for further replies.