Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Dizzy Stage 2 on CA 91

Trader history for alex7 (0)

Just wanted to send a quick thanks to Jason. Had been running stage 2 Cobb OTS for about a year, just recently purchased a Dizzy Stage 2 and it totally feels like a different car. Did install new plugs as recommended, and only have a drop in, CPE front mount, and a thermal exhaust for noise. Gonna have to keep the car another 5 years lol. Had a few questions about the tune, and Jason was nice enough to respond on a Sunday. That's not only a good performing tune, but excellent service and support too.

I have Cobb Stage 2 as well and have been thinking about getting a Dizzy tune based on all the positive mentions I've seen on this forum and elsewhere. What would you say is the biggest difference?

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
I have Cobb Stage 2 as well and have been thinking about getting a Dizzy tune based on all the positive mentions I've seen on this forum and elsewhere. What would you say is the biggest difference?
I have a Dizzy 93 and E30 tunes in my car. The tunes in itself are hard to describe, besides the car feels like it pulls harder and faster than the OTS tunes. The power and torque are handled very smoothly and don't roast your tires whenever you wanna step on it a bit. And the great customer service from Jason is also a great bonus! Would recommend picking up an aftermarket intercooler first if you don't already have one so you can get a "stage 2" tune and maximize the potential of your tune.

DEss

IMO, the biggest difference I feel is on tip-in. The throttle seems more sensitive. If you're happy with the Cobb s2, and you can readily find e85 locally, you might be better served going with Dizzy's e30 tune.

DEss

OP
A
Thread Starter #5
The responses above are just about spot on. Just as an observation- Going from stock to COBB OTS Stage 1 was great. Pretty noticeable difference felt. Went to COBB stage 2 after buying the CPE and car felt rough and almost felt slower. The numbers never looked harmful based on what the AP was saying compared to my research so I never changed anything. I also had my doubts about tunes through email since I come from cars requiring a standalone and the need for dyno-time. The Dizzy tune cleaned it up and raised the boost pressure by almost 6lbs at its peak. It's a great deal for those still keeping the stock turbo or still depending on the car for multi use. It has actually made me refocus on chassis/suspension/driving feel as I get my power fix from another platform.

I have a Dizzy 93 and E30 tunes in my car. The tunes in itself are hard to describe, besides the car feels like it pulls harder and faster than the OTS tunes. The power and torque are handled very smoothly and don't roast your tires whenever you wanna step on it a bit. And the great customer service from Jason is also a great bonus! Would recommend picking up an aftermarket intercooler first if you don't already have one so you can get a "stage 2" tune and maximize the potential of your tune.
I have Cobb's intercooler and also Denso ITV22 spark plugs. The responses here are in line with what I hear, so it's great to get confirmation on that front. I don't know when but I'm definitely getting the stage 2 tune some time this month. Thanks for the info.

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
I have Cobb's intercooler and also Denso ITV22 spark plugs. The responses here are in line with what I hear, so it's great to get confirmation on that front. I don't know when but I'm definitely getting the stage 2 tune some time this month. Thanks for the info.
You won't regret it. I bought them during black friday where if you bought a 93 tune, you got an E30 tune for free! Maybe ask Jason if he plans on doing one of those again soon.

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
HI Alex7 how many Hp you gain with the stage 2 Dizzy tune??
and how much psi the tune gives you?
HP is really hard to actually figure out without a Dyno, but probably from 197 to 225-230 on E30 or 220 on 93. Tune PSI goes up to 26.7x in my experience

ok
I just get the stage 2 with 91 octanes.
but in my case I get 25 PSI . 230 lbs torque and my Hp go down to 165 hp
so something must be wrong in my tune
I took that parameters directli form the cobb accesport gauges

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
ok
I just get the stage 2 with 91 octanes.
but in my case I get 25 PSI . 230 lbs torque and my Hp go down to 165 hp
so something must be wrong in my tune
I took that parameters directli form the cobb accesport gauges
The AP gauges are really not super accurate, especially when it comes to HP and Torque. You would probably need an actual Dyno for that.

OP
A
Thread Starter #14
HI Alex7 how many Hp you gain with the stage 2 Dizzy tune??
and how much psi the tune gives you?
Yes, don't know the hp gain since dyno is the only way to go on that and this car won't see one until I'm ready to go hybrid. I never intended on keeping this car this long so I didn't even bother to baseline 6 years ago. Baseline will have to be Dizzy stage 2 lol. Peak boost has increased dramatically though, at its peak, I would rarely ever get much more than 20lbs, we can now hit 25lbs peak boost. (I have not paid attention to the taper and whether or not its still as bad, but its not whats important to me at this time because of the stock turbo limitations) I have yet to send in a datalog, but thats what it is for now.

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
a dizzy tune is like your pp growing 3 sizes, while the strat is like strapping on a hard, metal pp 3 times bigger. They're both 3 times bigger but one feels a lot more natural and organic, the other one obviously had some work done.
Best analogy for this topic I've ever seen.

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
what is strange for me it is with stage 2 of Cobb maps show 197 hp and now whit stege 2 from dizzy shows 165
the power delivery can affect those numbers. For me, in reality the dizzy makes more power but because the stratified tune hits so hard so quickly it reads almost 50hp higher than the dizzy. Timed and instrumented testing shows the dizzy makes slightly more actual power though. Smooth onset - low Cobb guesstimate.

ROCKYFiestta

Is it possible you have your Dizzytune in econ mode instead of performance mode?
i use the econ function all the time i really like jason's econ mode basically only half boost mode. Leave that on for when the wife takes the fist out on a drive much more manageable for her and gets us 32 mpg