Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Dizzy tune w/o step colder spark plugs?

Dumb story time *queue circus music*
I just got my custom tune sent from dizzy. I went to install my 1 step colder spark plugs, but my dodgy spark plug socket came off the ratchet and got stuck in the plug hole. I tried using one of those magnetic telescoping rods to fish it out, but the magnet wasn’t strong enough, so I ran (literally) over to autozone as they were closing and spent 25$ on some long ass needle nose pliers (that I will likely never have a use for again) to get it out. After much finagling I finally got the socket out, screwed everything back in and gave up.

Now I’m sitting here resisting every urge to flash dizzy’s tune and take it for a spin anyway, but I can’t get the new plugs in until I buy a functioning socket that won’t fall off inside my engine.

I also can’t be 100% sure that I didn’t loosen the spark plug a bit while trying to fish the socket out, but I turned the car on for a minute afterwards and it sounded normal.

Tl;dr
How stupid on a scale of 1/10 would I be to go flash his tune and see what it’s like instead of just waiting till I can get the new plugs in tomorrow?

I wouldnt worry much, I've heard many people say they ran tunes without the colder plugs for tens of thousands of miles because the colder plugs dont last as long compared to normal ones.. It's like an intercooler upgrade. Its not going to kill your car to run without it, but it'll help keep things cooler longer.
You just might get slghtly higher cylinder temps without the colder plugs.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
I run stock heat plugs on stock turbo.

If I was running a hybrid on 93 I'd probably do step colders, but if I ran E30 most of the time stock heat. That's just me though.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk