Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

DNA Racing Control Arms

Does anybody run these? I'm thinking about moving out of STH and into the new XSA class next season, and was wondering what the general consensus was.

Ordered some a month ago but they are finally on their way and should be here next Wednesday so I'll report back after I get them installed!

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Finally have them installed and it made a huge difference (especially coming from broken ball joints). I don't have a full opinion yet because a tie rod end went (boot was damaged from brake heat) just as I finished with the test drive. But from my first impressions the arms gave a noticable improvement in steering feel, turn-in, and surprisingly traction was definitley improved. Once I get my summer tires on and tie rod end fixed I'll give an update but if my initial impression holds these should be a great upgrade for autocross.

Other than the cost and minor increase in nvh my only gripe so far is the quality of the welds, but it really only is a looks thing and I don't think there is anything wrong with the welds structurally.

Heres some pics, let me know if you have any questions.

20200506_163612.jpg 20200506_163621.jpg 20200506_205247.jpg

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Finally have them installed and it made a huge difference (especially coming from broken ball joints). I don't have a full opinion yet because a tie rod end went (boot was damaged from brake heat) just as I finished with the test drive. But from my first impressions the arms gave a noticable improvement in steering feel, turn-in, and surprisingly traction was definitley improved. Once I get my summer tires on and tie rod end fixed I'll give an update but if my initial impression holds these should be a great upgrade for autocross.

Other than the cost and minor increase in nvh my only gripe so far is the quality of the welds, but it really only is a looks thing and I don't think there is anything wrong with the welds structurally.

Heres some pics, let me know if you have any questions.

View attachment 30438 View attachment 30439 View attachment 30440
Welds look consistent with the other two members who have bought these and posted. Not great. Hope they work out for you.

Are they substantially lighter than the OEM control arms? Curious if they are chromoly..

They are definitely lighter but not a crazy amount, pretty sure it's chromoly tho, it feels pretty much like a steel bike frame.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I don't care that the welds aren't 'pretty', but those truss plates should be fully seam welded, not merely stitch welded. [wink]

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
They are definitely lighter but not a crazy amount, pretty sure it's chromoly tho, it feels pretty much like a steel bike frame.

Does it make that same 'ping' ringing sound, like when you flick your fingernail on the top tube of a frame built with Columbus SL (especially an old track frame with no added brake/shifter braze-ons)? [:)]

green_henry

1000 Post Club
I had a class in high school that involved soldering, and I think the term our instructor would have used to describe the DNA weld would have been "bubble gum" -> "C"

Anyhow, I hope it works better than it looks, and thanks for taking one for the team!!!

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
We'll see how they hold up, I guess I'll just be the guinea pig on this one lol

you are exactly #61 that own these now, hardly taking one for the team just FYI
I can't recall a single fitment or manufacturing issue reported. I've had literally one DNA complaint so far out of the tons of products we've moved which was one rear stiffening brace that was quickly replaced

The lead time on this set as well as a few others was entirely due to covid19 restrictions in Italy. DNA had no choice but to close for 3 weeks. They are open now and product is now flowing over to the US almost as quickly as before all this Covid19 mess.

Here's another option for Fiesta control arms arriving here in a week

TemecFist

you are exactly #61 that own these now, hardly taking one for the team just FYI
I can't recall a single fitment or manufacturing issue reported. I've had literally one DNA complaint so far out of the tons of products we've moved which was one rear stiffening brace that was quickly replaced

The lead time on this set as well as a few others was entirely due to covid19 restrictions in Italy. DNA had no choice but to close for 3 weeks. They are open now and product is now flowing over to the US almost as quickly as before all this Covid19 mess.

Here's another option for Fiesta control arms arriving here in a week

Are these out and available now?