Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

DNA rear axle stiffening bar torqued to what measurement?

FiST Community,

Sorry ahead of time if this is posted somewhere else but I looked high and low and couldn't find info anywhere on installing the DNA Rear Axle Stiffening Bar on this forum nor on the whoosh or DNA website/comments. The bar is MUCH longer than the TB and Pierce rear axle stiffening bars but figuring out the mounting points was pretty straightforward. However the bolt/washer and nut used to install, is it just tighten until you can tighten no more or is it to a certain setting? I did the tighten-until-can't route and the back end definitely feels a lot flatter/buttoned up and i don't have any tracking issues but want to make sure I counted all my eggs before those eggs hatch and shear off my torsion bar during hard cornering.

Also went with blue loctite on the threads figuring the bolt unthreading is probably not ideal on hard cornering/sitting at a stoplight.

kevinatfms

. The bar is MUCH longer than the TB and Pierce rear axle stiffening bars but figuring out the mounting points was pretty straightforward. However the bolt/washer and nut used to install, is it just tighten until you can tighten no more or is it to a certain setting? I did the tighten-until-can't route and the back end definitely feels a lot flatter/buttoned up and i don't have any tracking issues but want to make sure I counted al
Did you buy the sway bar or the torsion beam brace?

Two different methods of stiffening the rear of the car but basically do the same thing. The bolts/nuts were grade 8.8 or higher last time i installed one and the nuts were nylock nuts(no backing off).

OP
E
Thread Starter #3
https://whoosh-motorsports.myshopif...bar-spring-steel-20mm-kit-2014-2019-fiesta-st

That's the part I installed. Fits under/inside the torsion beam. I bought it secondhand off the FS thread but "gently used" would be an overstatement as it looked new save for a scuff mark. The nuts the brace came with were nylock nuts but I didn't even think to check the grade of the bolts.

Thank you for responding. Sounds like I'm good on install.

kevinatfms

https://whoosh-motorsports.myshopif...bar-spring-steel-20mm-kit-2014-2019-fiesta-st

That's the part I installed. Fits under/inside the torsion beam. I bought it secondhand off the FS thread but "gently used" would be an overstatement as it looked new save for a scuff mark. The nuts the brace came with were nylock nuts but I didn't even think to check the grade of the bolts.

Thank you for responding. Sounds like I'm good on install.
Yup, basic sway bar. I torqued mine to i think it was 60-70ft-lbs of torque and let it be.