Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Do Wing Risers Cause Cracks?

rallytaff

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
It does support much better, I switched over to one. The downside is that if your wing is already cracked at the lower screws, it won’t fix it by itself. Even the delta riser doesn’t use the “extra” factory plastic snap fasteners which seem to be the main missing Achilles heel of most wing riser kits that results in damage/too much flex on the lower screws.

In addition to the fasteners it came with, I added VHB tape near the “extra” locations with the Delta riser and it seems to both support well, and quiet down the “clatter” when you shut the trunk lid
The angle is slightly more aggressive than the Velossatech. Originally I wanted the body colored version, but the black goes well with the window trim. The only complaint is that the fit assembling to the wing was warped by about 1/8”, but that’s about as good as you can expect for FRP parts - once it was assembled with the screws and VHB it closed the gap just fine.

As I mentioned it makes a satisfying “clunk” when closing the trunk lid (no wing riser rattles) Extremely happy with the result. Here are some pictures I had taken previously
I am 100% satisfied with the quality of the Delta wing riser and it is solid. No rattles or any movement from it. My body shop commented and how good the quality was.

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thanks for sharing ur experiences guys! @Dialcaliper those detailed pics sold me on it! My car is black so it should blend right in.

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Does the Delta Styling kit not properly support the wing? From the one I have in my garage waiting to be installed, it looks like it provides support to the entire wing.
It might do better, but it's just not what the part was engineered for. As you raise the wing, you put more turbulent air on it and it exerts more downward force, and extra vibration. If you stuff something into the gap to support it at its higher angle, the force doesn't go away, it's simply exerted elsewhere and probably in a different direction. If the gap is the issue and you stick something into the gap, now you've created a fulcrum, and the compression is now a lifting force. You would really need an entire new wing, cramming stuff into the gap between the two surfaces will never be as strong as a properly engineered part, because you are still working with metal fasteners embedded in a composite or plastic part.

Everyone can do whatever they want, but you kinda can't act surprised when what amounts a handful of home depot hardware interferes with proper function of an engineered part.

I had to replace my spoiler even though it was completely stock. Noticed that I had some vibration/rattling from closing my trunk. Found the outboard connection points were completely broken. I'd assume it's my swamp like sunny conditions in the south as well as the connection points in the spoilier itself seem weak. The ones on the outside are practically wood screws into a hunk of plastic.