Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Does anyone have some good sound clips of the Turbosmart EM vr2 plumb-back diverter valve?

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
This one - https://whoosh-motorsports.myshopif...art-em-bov-plumb-back-vr2-fiesta-st-2014-2018

I have the 50/50 one and I love it, makes the car feel great but its a little too loud and police in my area have gotten pretty insane about enforcing noise limits and harassing modified cars. I'm wondering if the plumb back gets more turkey gobble sounds, hoping to see some videos of one in-action, haven't been able to find many good videos of the sound as of yet. The 50/50 gets a little bit of turkey gobble but its pretty faint, I'm guessing the plumb back would have 50% more turkey sounds but :shrug:

Jerickson88

Question, why the ev model? You will probably get more of the sound you want from the straight mechanical type. I did. I sold my plumb back mechanical and am waiting on the mechanical 50/50 to arrive this week.

OP
Clint Beastwood

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #3
Question, why the ev model? You will probably get more of the sound you want from the straight mechanical type. I did. I sold my plumb back mechanical and am waiting on the mechanical 50/50 to arrive this week.
I've used mechanicals in the past (grand national, omni glh, etc.) and the OEM diverters are just so fast compared to mechanical BOVs I have used in the past. Other than that, the plug and play installation and ability to swap from the turbosmart back to stock in around 10 minutes really appealed to me. Also, might just be a bias I'm carrying from long ago, but I wanted to install something that I would never have to fiddle with or adjust. I really like the turbosmart, it checked all the boxes for me:

- Easy install/removal (around 10 minutes with the car on ramps).
- No additional plumbing.
- No adjusting.
- Set and forget.

I just think I want to get rid of the 50/50, it works GREAT but it does attract police attention in the republik of kalifornistan, deep behind the orange curtain. I don't care so much for the pssshhhh but I do dig the little chirp/flutter. I figured if it's not venting externally then the chirp/flutter would be even louder. I want my silly daily driver to be a little more fun :p

Jerickson88

Hey I understand all of that.. I’m saying a mechanical will Turkey more based off of the open/close. The electronic ones are essentially a normally closed/open circuit I believe. So it’s on or off. The mechanical push/pull based off of the amount of boost, so it may creep open when under low throttle letnoff and make a neat note versus just open or just closed. You’ll get and I got cool sounds from the partia openings versus the boomba spacer which made one noise. Always. Maybe loud maybe quiet, there was no variety

OP
Clint Beastwood

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #5
Hey I understand all of that.. I’m saying a mechanical will Turkey more based off of the open/close. The electronic ones are essentially a normally closed/open circuit I believe. So it’s on or off. The mechanical push/pull based off of the amount of boost, so it may creep open when under low throttle letnoff and make a neat note versus just open or just closed. You’ll get and I got cool sounds from the partia openings versus the boomba spacer which made one noise. Always. Maybe loud maybe quiet, there was no variety
I get ya. Since I have to do all my car work mostly one-handed these days, I am erring more on the side of factory-fit and set it and forget it :p I just don't have the ability to keep going in and adjusting things.

Jerickson88

I get ya. Since I have to do all my car work mostly one-handed these days, I am erring more on the side of factory-fit and set it and forget it :p I just don't have the ability to keep going in and adjusting things.
Makes sense. Food for thought though: the plumb back mechanical is a quick install and does not have any adjustments since there’s no vent/partial venting to atmosphere. The vacuum hose installs to a MAP sensor adapter (two torx screws) and you can literally assemble and drop behind the timing cover to the divertervalve and the rest of the install is 10 minutes, like you said (it is quick!) so it would be a 20 min install. It’s a plug and play, no adjustment

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Makes sense. Food for thought though: the plumb back mechanical is a quick install and does not have any adjustments since there’s no vent/partial venting to atmosphere. The vacuum hose installs to a MAP sensor adapter (two torx screws) and you can literally assemble and drop behind the timing cover to the divertervalve and the rest of the install is 10 minutes, like you said (it is quick!) so it would be a 20 min install. It’s a plug and play, no adjustment
I went with the Turbosmart EV plumb back as well. Just got to get around to installing it.

Jerickson88

I went with the Turbosmart EV plumb back as well. Just got to get around to installing it.
Mine was the mechanical. TS-0203-1266 is what I had. Sold it and bought the TS-0203-1066, and it is being delivered this week. I’m super excitec!!

I installed mine today. TS-0223-1266 Turbosmart EM Plumb Back VR2. There's no whoosh sound anymore. I previously had the 50/50 adapter plate.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk