Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Drain trans fluid axle swap?

DangerMouse

I need to replace my passenger side axle, do I need to drain the trans fluid? I just put bg synchro shift in it last year. So I'm trying to not have to buy it again already.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I need to replace my passenger side axle, do I need to drain the trans fluid? I just put bg synchro shift in it last year. So I'm trying to not have to buy it again already.
You will loose some fluid. If I was you....I would get a nice new clean pan. Drain the fluid Into it from the Trans. Replace the axle. If you wanna be really anal you could get a cheese cloth or a piece of filter screen to strain/clean the fluid Into another clean containter.. Then put the fluid back into the Trans. After the repair is done.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
What typhoonfist said,
OR
You could do what I'm going to try with my focus when I replace the cv, which is Jack up only one side, and hopefully get it high enough that no fluid comes out.
We'll see how it goes for me lol

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
What typhoonfist said,
OR
You could do what I'm going to try with my focus when I replace the cv, which is Jack up only one side, and hopefully get it high enough that no fluid comes out.
We'll see how it goes for me lol
Here's a picture of what I mean . . .
IMG_20220519_130236561.jpg
Kinda getto, but hey, if it works . . . Lol