Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Dropped wing riser bolt in trunk lid.

So I was putting wing risers on my fiesta st and i dropped the bolts in the trunk lid lol any ideas on how to get it out ? (before you say use one of those retractable magnets i already tried the screws just don't stick to them idk why i've bought 2 of them now thinking it was the magnet.) Please I need help😂😂.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Of course if the screws are stainless a magnet wont do you much good.
I too have done this and all you can do is, lift the hatch and tap around with your hand.
The bolt should fall to the top of the hatch and you should be able to fish it out with a bit of mechanic's wire.

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
I'm actually doing my wing risers tomorrow... I think I'm going to wrap a thick piece of paper around the bolt while unscrewing to catch it in case it falls.

OP
C
Thread Starter #4
Of course if the screws are stainless a magnet wont do you much good.
I too have done this and all you can do is, lift the hatch and tap around with your hand.
The bolt should fall to the top of the hatch and you should be able to fish it out with a bit of mechanic's wire.
okay thanks ill try that tomorrow.

OP
C
Thread Starter #5
I'm actually doing my wing risers tomorrow... I think I'm going to wrap a thick piece of paper around the bolt while unscrewing to catch it in case it falls.[/QUGod speed lol I wish I wish i would have thought of that I might have to take my trunk lid off and shake it out if I cant get it with it still on the car and im sure taking that off is going to be a pain.

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
Yeah good luck with that tomorrow. If you get it let me know and post pics! What company did you buy?