Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

E85 tune

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
This is an odd question, but would it be possible to have a tune that allowed you to run straight e85 while having similar performance to a stage 1 93 octane tune, or even the stock tune? I understand that you probably won't save money on gas even if it was possible because e85 has less energy and therefore worse mpgs. I'm mostly wondering hypothetically if it would be possible.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
This is an odd question, but would it be possible to have a tune that allowed you to run straight e85 while having similar performance to a stage 1 93 octane tune, or even the stock tune? I understand that you probably won't save money on gas even if it was possible because e85 has less energy and therefore worse mpgs. I'm mostly wondering hypothetically if it would be possible.
Not worth it* you will have to upgrade the fuel system to really benefit. Its best just to run e30 on the stock snail and e50 on BT because the power gain on e85 is minimal after e50.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
It's certainly possible, but you may end up making less power than 93 to avoid detonating your motor by running lean.

OP
FiestaSTdude

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #4
Not worth it* you will have to upgrade the fuel system to really benefit. Its best just to run e30 on the stock snail and e50 on BT because the power gain on e85 is minimal after e50.

Just to clarify, in my hypothetical senario I'm not looking for more power than stock, just curious if it's possible.
You're tuned for e50 with you big turbo, right?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Just to clarify, in my hypothetical senario I'm not looking for more power than stock, just curious if it's possible.
You're tuned for e50 with you big turbo, right?
Again Id just be doing e30.....most Tuners also don't see a huge benefit by going e85 on a stock System or else they would be doing it to everyone. Also....you may would even need a booster pump inline on top of the Stock setup to help move it adequately through the system.