Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

EBC Big Brake Kit

OP
koozy

koozy

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #21
Wilwood kit is not fully floating two piece rotors. They are simply rotors that bolt to a bell housing.

EBC rotors go up to 330mm rather than Wilwoods 309mm. The total piston area on EBC 4 pot caliper is 4947mm vs the Wilwood 6 pot at 3264.51mm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maestromaestro

1000 Post Club
Your braking points just have to move up a few feet... :)

I'm simply saying that - I guess for me - Wilwoods sit in a sweet spot value/performance wise, and replacement cost is moderate, plus better logistics. Anything out of UK seems to take a lot longer than it should.

Has anyone been able to find a source for these in the US, or confirm what wheels these fit under?

EDIT: Nevermind. Looks like a 20mm spacer is required on the OEM wheels. Source - https://www.part-box.com/bbk007red1-ebc-bbk-balanced-brake-kit-300mm-4-pot-red-ford-fiesta-mk7-st180-2011-2017?search=EBC brake KIT&description=true
Didn't koozy post pictures of these under the stock wheels without spacers earlier in this thread?

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Wilwood kit is not fully floating two piece rotors. They are simply rotors that bolt to a bell housing.

EBC rotors go up to 330mm rather than Wilwoods 309mm. The total piston area on EBC 4 pot caliper is 4947mm vs the Wilwood 6 pot at 3264.51mm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Where did you find the EBC Big Brake Kit piston diameters?

First time, long time.

Reviving this thread to see if anyone has had experience fitting the EBC Apollo Kit. I got a great deal on the 300mm kit and couldn't pass it up. However, the calipers are huge and EBC recommends a 25mm spacer with the OEM wheel... with this large of spacer, paired with my Swifts, I am concerned about rubbing on track (not to mention accelerated hub wear). Anyone have success finding wheels that fit without a spacer? Thx

Magnetic

First time, long time.

Reviving this thread to see if anyone has had experience fitting the EBC Apollo Kit. I got a great deal on the 300mm kit and couldn't pass it up. However, the calipers are huge and EBC recommends a 25mm spacer with the OEM wheel... with this large of spacer, paired with my Swifts, I am concerned about rubbing on track (not to mention accelerated hub wear). Anyone have success finding wheels that fit without a spacer? Thx
I'm wondering the same thing for 17 inch wheels or OEM wheels. Considering getting this kit but not sure like you if the car will be able to ride lower than stock height.

I know this is an old thread, but for future peoples info we have put the 300mm kit on our time trial car. It fits behind Team Dynamics 1.2 race 15x8 35et with a 15mm spacer, and would likely fit with as low as a 12.7mm (.5") spacer but I doubt anything less. Its not the wheel spokes, but the inner barrel drop center that is the clearance area.
We really like the brakes for thetrack and great on street with yellow pads. We are coming from the 12.2" Wilwood kit, and the increase in thermal mass for the EBC pads and rotors in a big benefit in dealing with heat. Not a cheap kit, but it is a really well thought out kit, and engineered for proper use.