Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Tuxedo Black coming in May!

Hi fellow Fiesta fans.

I ordered my tuxedo black with recaro package about 3 weeks ago. It is due to ship at the end of april and be here for me in may. I had been planning on staying stock before I started lurking here. Now I am thinking I need at least an AP tuner. Damn you guys already costing me more money!

I'm pretty much a complete noob at working on cars but I do want to get to know how to work on this car so I will be all over the different walk through threads. Seems like a bunch of you have real solid knowledge bases for me to learn from.

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Welcome aboard ukilledkenny, glad to have you with us.

There were some of us here who had performance parts before their cars arrived.[twothumb]

Colin1337

1000 Post Club
I wanted to stay stock too. I've only had my car since December and now look where I am :/
Haha

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Welcome and I never planned on staying stock nor building a stage 3 LOL

OP
U
Thread Starter #6
I wanted to stay stock too. I've only had my car since December and now look where I am :/
Haha
Yeah, I can see how easy it is to keep going once you start. I can definitely see myself doing an intake and the AP tuner within a few months. Famous last words, I'm sure.

Welcome ukilledkenny !!
I ordered the exact same car (tux black with recaros) about 4 weeks ago and it is also planned at the beginning of may. Have you received a VIN from your dealer yet??

OP
U
Thread Starter #9
Welcome ukilledkenny !!
I ordered the exact same car (tux black with recaros) about 4 weeks ago and it is also planned at the beginning of may. Have you received a VIN from your dealer yet??
Yeah, I got a vin from my dealer over the weekend.

You have great taste haha.

OP
U
Thread Starter #11
That's not cool. I did have to send a few emails to get it. Is it possible they have it and haven't given you the info yet?

Maybe I'm missing it but, I also got my VIN last week but that's about all the info. My build date is 30.11.0002, so not yet assigned. How many days from the time you got the vin until you had a date? Unless you didn't know you had a VIN and checked days later after it was issued.

Does it update with a expected delivery too?

Feeling jealous, and antsy although snow expected again.

That's not cool. I did have to send a few emails to get it. Is it possible they have it and haven't given you the info yet?
I called my dealer at the beginning of last week and he said I should've receive the VIN at the end of the week. Still waiting for it...

Mine is the same. I was trusting what my dealer said on the car being shipped. Maybe not the best idea.
Don't want to be a Downer. But he's probably just speculating. The ford rep on the other board is very helpful. I provided her with my VIN and she says there's nothing further. Probably another week until I see a build date along with window sticker.

At first I had nothing, you can also give the ford rep an order number and she can not only see if vin is issued but what priority the order is. I think thats where delays are occurring to some. Dealer allocation and such.

OP
U
Thread Starter #17
Thanks for the info.

I hadn't thought to really question it because he gave me specific ship date without me pressing for any details. All I asked about was the vin.

My order sheet says mine is priority 11. I hope that's good haha.

Priority range from 1-99 1-10 are usually reserved for dealer stock. 11-99 for customer orders. So yes 11 is good. I honestly have no idea what my priority was. When they told me 4-6 weeks. Thought they'd hit me a one, but I realize how unrealistic that time frame was.

There's a bit more into the whole time frame but overall 11 seems to be good since you already have a VIN.

Be curious where he came up with an exact date as not having a build date would make it difficult to schedule a ship date. But who knows I don't understand the entire process, not sure even the ceo at Ford does.

Congrats on the purchace. What color are your Recaros? Definitely pick up an AP after you have been able to drive the car for a few weeks. You will be blown away by the improvement throughout the rev-range.

OP
U
Thread Starter #20
Congrats on the purchace. What color are your Recaros? Definitely pick up an AP after you have been able to drive the car for a few weeks. You will be blown away by the improvement throughout the rev-range.
Went with the smoke storm. Was tempted to get inserts but it felt a little too boy racer for me. I think the orange inserts would go well with it, though.