Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

SLD ECOBEAST billet badges

Trader history for pelotonracer2 (0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Aha! I've beaten [MENTION=1333]BoostBumps[/MENTION]! Here's an update as of five hours ago. Not as pretty as his updates though [emoji4] I'm thoroughly impressed with Chris's communication and dedication.

Hi guys!

Late night here in the shop trying to get as much work done as I'm able to do while the tumblers are cranking away. Before I call it quits for the night, I figured I'd shoot everyone an update and let you know where I'm at, progress-wise.

- Powder arrived this afternoon. I've sifted every ounce of each color twice, and sprayed a few pre-finish test pieces to verify. Everything looks as it should. *Sigh of relief*. Now I just need to hound UPS to figure out what the hell happened to shipment #1, but that can wait until I've gotten everyone's badges out the door.

- The tumblers are doing their thing, and it's looking like I'll be able to shift most of the emblems into the next media tank in the morning. [Once the badges are done dancing in the second tank, I run them through a final, aluminum-specific polishing media that makes the final step of hand-polishing a LOT easier.]

- I'll be dedicating most of my weekend to getting the powdercoating done. Powder is the most labor-intensive, stressful, and time-consuming part of the entire process as each emblem goes through the masking and coating process for each color, and one little slip up can ruin all the work I've done up to that point. Rest assured that they will come out as close to perfection as I can get them.

I won't have much in terms of updates between now and the time I ship everything - but as promised, everyone will get a picture of their specific badge(s) emailed to them prior to packaging. =) I can't thank everyone enough for your patience - hang in there, we're almost done!

OP
pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #186
Yeah I'm pretty sure I am. I haven't found a job yet in my new town so I'll have nothing else to do lol.
Coolio. [thumb] I'll be there as well but I won't get in until late that Friday night.

OP
pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #188
I didn't read all 20 pages of this, but is there any chance of this being available in blue?
Blue & green like the "ecoboost" badges? (like this one in the picture I have provided below or the "Beast" part in blue?

Attachments

OP
pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #191
I was thinking with the beast in blue. To match my blue badges.
If you want colors other than the black & red, black & green combination that will be something you will need to email Chris about, but it will probably not fall under the group pricing, mostly due to logistics. The process is quite involved doing just the two different badges. I am sure Chris can make whatever you want though so drop him a message chris@yourlittlecncshop.com and ask him if he'll do it. I know he is doing something custom for at least one other member here, so I don't think it will be a problem. it just probably won't be part of the GB unfortunately.

OP
pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #194
If anyone else gets a status update tomorrow, please post it here. I am hoping some badges will start shipping tomorrow. Thanks

OP
pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #195
Just got an update. Some badges will start shipping today. They will be shipped in the order of payment so those that got in on this group buy early will recieve their badges the soonest. I have a feeling he will finish them all and get them all shipped by late this week, early next week at the latest. With that said, I should have mine before Thursday. [clap]

OP
pelotonracer2

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #197
Dang it. Won't have mine in time for ST Fest then ;(
You never know. I will have extras at STFest, so if you don't get one before the event, you can have a red & black one and just send me yours when it arrives. [:)]

Edit: I'm getting 3 black and red and 3 black and green badges. I plan on using two black and red ones on my car.

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Badge Update

FYI...just got this email ...

"Mornin' everyone;

Short update today.

It's been a long weekend, but I have all of the emblems powdercoated. Finally.

Every one of them will now be cleaned and polished by hand before they're packaged. This is a fairly tedious process and is likely going to take most of my afternoon to do. I should be ready to ship everybody's badges out tomorrow! Keep an eye on your inboxes, as I'll be getting each one ready to ship as I move down the line.

-Chris"

Status
Not open for further replies.