Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Eibach Kit Sway Bars

Magnetic

Hey Team!

How are those of you that upgraded your swap bars to the Eibach' liking them? Considering these in the next few months and wanted to get your thoughts.

I know the EBC car has them and I'm trying to follow their build for my car.

1645636480688.png

Thanks!

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
I did a lot of testing for Eibach on these parts.
First the photo above does not look like a Fiesta ST kit, unless they changed things.

I found that the 1-inch bar that they supply is too stiff.
The standard non turbo Fiesta front works best.
I just so happens that in late '15, Ford changed the ST to this so you already have it.

The rear Eibach bar is a great upgrade.

OP
Magnetic

Magnetic

Thread Starter #4
I did a lot of testing for Eibach on these parts.
First the photo above does not look like a Fiesta ST kit, unless they changed things.

I found that the 1-inch bar that they supply is too stiff.
The standard non turbo Fiesta front works best.
I just so happens that in late '15, Ford changed the ST to this so you already have it.

The rear Eibach bar is a great upgrade.
So what happens due to it being too stiff? Does it get bouncy or twitchy or something like that?

TIA!

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
This is one of the first things I do to any car I intend to mod. I've had the (Cobb rebranded) front and rear bars on my car since the summer of '16. I've put about 63k miles on them without a single issue. Highly recommend. I paired them with MeisterR coils and Pierce front + rear bracing. The car corners flat as a board and oversteers in a predictable, controllable slide. I know the popular opinion around here is that a FiST setup this way would be tail happy but that has not been my experience on the street. I can't speak to how this setup would behave on a track or autocross.

Honestly I don't think they're needed / benefitial, if your spring rates and damping is set up properly, you shouldn't need to add them.

I've seen a lot of guys in the track racing FB group for ST/RS say it makes the rear too tail happy, causing issues. Nick Carl has a bunch of track records in NY and said they don't see a need for it as long as your suspension is properly set up.
Swaybars usually reduce grip on the axle they're installed on, and add grip to the other end of the vehicle.

Woods247

2000 Post Club
I use them and love them. There are several pics towards the end of my build page that show how flat the car sits in high g turns. I use tire pressure and suspension setting changes to induce or reduce rotation. For me, these sway bars and the DNA Race endlinks from Whooshmotorsports were worth the money spent.

This type of tuning is for driver preference. I know guys that prefer not to run front sway bars on track. I’ve actually tried that and hated it.. I wouldn’t recommend building your suspension using someone else’s opinion. Figure out what you’d like to improve then tune it accordingly. For years I didn’t run sway bars because popular opinion suggested I didn’t “need” them. For my driving style they’re complimentary and appreciated.

OP
Magnetic

Magnetic

Thread Starter #9
I use them and love them. There are several pics towards the end of my build page that show how flat the car sits in high g turns. I use tire pressure and suspension setting changes to induce or reduce rotation. For me, these sway bars and the DNA Race endlinks from Whooshmotorsports were worth the money spent.

This type of tuning is for driver preference. I know guys that prefer not to run front sway bars on track. I’ve actually tried that and hated it.. I wouldn’t recommend building your suspension using someone else’s opinion. Figure out what you’d like to improve then tune it accordingly. For years I didn’t run sway bars because popular opinion suggested I didn’t “need” them. For my driving style they’re complimentary and appreciated.
Yeah I have been wanting to make it turn flatter. I put coils on it and it improved but really been wanting the Eibach Sway Bars and your post def pushed me in the direction of getting them. I just need to get the OZ Ultraleggeras and the next upgrade is going to be the Eibach sway bars.

Thanks!