Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Eibach Pro Kit bottoming out?

Hi all, I'm looking for experiences with these springs. I recently replaced the OEM shocks/struts with the Monroe OEM replacement shocks, and I also installed the Eibach Pro Kit springs. I have 125k on my car, so the shocks were past due. The springs seemed to lower the car more in the front than advertised. To my surprise, the front is bottoming out quite easily and often. As far as I know, this is a pretty mellow setup, so I didn't expect this. Has anyone had this experience? What can I do? After spending ~$850 on the parts and installation, I'm pretty bummed.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Hi all, I'm looking for experiences with these springs. I recently replaced the OEM shocks/struts with the Monroe OEM replacement shocks, and I also installed the Eibach Pro Kit springs. I have 125k on my car, so the shocks were past due. The springs seemed to lower the car more in the front than advertised. To my surprise, the front is bottoming out quite easily and often. As far as I know, this is a pretty mellow setup, so I didn't expect this. Has anyone had this experience? What can I do? After spending ~$850 on the parts and installation, I'm pretty bummed.
I would not have put Monroe shocks in the car they may be listed as an OEM replacement but they are not the factory OE shock. Monroe has never been known for anything other than ordinary replacement shocks for ordinary daily drivers. Your car is a Performance car. It should use brands made for Performance or the factory stuff. I personally would have gone aftermarket performance. Monroe would not even have entered my mind as a replacement option.

OP
D
Thread Starter #3
I would not have put Monroe shocks in the car they may be listed as an OEM replacement but they are not the factory OE shock. Monroe has never been known for anything other than ordinary replacement shocks for ordinary daily drivers. Your car is a Performance car. It should use brands made for Performance or the factory stuff. I personally would have gone aftermarket performance. Monroe would not even have entered my mind as a replacement option.
Thanks for the reply. Have you heard of anyone having problems bottoming out with the OEM shocks and Eibach Pro Kit springs?

Se7eN

Has anyone else tried the combination that I have and had problems?
I can't speak for the Fiesta but I had a Camaro with Monroe and Eibach that had the same issue, swapped them for KYB AGX adjustable shocks and the issue was resolved.

Those Monroe tend to be universal from the base model up. So they wont work well for the ST as they are made for the SE model and such.

I would think the Monroe’s would bottom out as the ST with Eibachs is close to 45mm lower than a standard Fiesta.

I know this is an old thread but I have a 2017 Fiesta ST.
I installed a set of Eibach lowering springs and yes, the front bottoms easily.
It bottoms on big dips in the road and even when entering a parking lot that has a very slight curb.
You can feel it hit the suspension snubbers all the time.
All I changed was the springs.
It looks really cool lowered but it does bottom in the front constantly.

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Was the kit used? How old are the struts and dampers. I ran a set for a year ot two and gave up on low. It rode like crap and bottomed out a lot.

Their springs do not last.

I went with new stock stuff. Its a lot better now.

Did you trim the bump stops? I have the pro kit and trimmed the bottom nub off the bump stop and never bottom out

No. They were new springs purchase from CJ Pony Parts.
I did not trim the bump stops.
I was going to trim them but the instructions just said to put them back on.
Did I miss something in the instructions?

I dont think the instructions mentioned it but Ive always heard that you're supposed to do it (In other applications) so I did it.
I'll also mention I have Bilstein shocks so I'm sure that helps prevent bottoming out too

No. They were new springs purchase from CJ Pony Parts.
I did not trim the bump stops.
I was going to trim them but the
I dont think the instructions mentioned it but Ive always heard that you're supposed to do it (In other applications) so I did it.
I'll also mention I have Bilstein shocks so I'm sure that helps prevent bottoming out too

I trimmed front and rear. Maybe a half inch? If you look at the bump stop they are tapered into 3 or 4 sections. It’s hard to explain but you’ll see what I mean when you have it in your hand. I just cut the bottom bump or nub off each one.