Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Engine Issues - Misfire potentially bigger problems (PCV Valve?)

Just had an issue with my car. I was passing a car around 90mph changed to 5th no where near full throttle, and the car just felt down on power as I came to the next roundabout it developed a misfire, I limped home 4miles after a quick check of the basics and an ignition cycle,

Got home and used an app with blue tooth obd to get misfire cylinder 1&3 fault codes, I decided to pull the plugs 1(assuming left to right from the front of the car) looked a little lean, and 3 had oil on it, The air filter had also been filled with oil, I've noticed a smell of oil when sat in traffic before, it's also worth noting my mishimoto catch can had come loose of its bracket,

At this point in hopefull it's a dodgey pcv valve and or catch can, Tomorrow I will drop the oil and put the standard pipe back on to replace the mishi can, clean the MAF and see how it runs, There was no horrible turbo noises or engine noises heard, So im hopeful it's nothing major, but wanted your opinion on if pcvs are common or if there is anything else you think I should check?

edit: will try to get hold of a compression tester tomorrow too

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
What year is this? Mileage.....etc. You should post up in blown engine section.....sorry to break it to ya...keep us up to date.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

OP
T
Thread Starter #4
Will do at some point when at a pc,

It was Revo stage 1 from 22-44k miles (220-230 bhp)

Rt330 from 44-54k miles (point of death)