Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Engine mount greasing

Hi guys. Do you know if the engine mount is fluid filled. I read somewhere that a guy filled grease into the mount to help with the squeak. What's your take on this.

SteveS

1000 Post Club
The engine mounts are metal and rubber (or polyurethane). If you have aftermarket ones they likely have polyurethane. If you do, it should have come with grease, or a recommendation for a brand/type of grease, to grease it before installation. Every year or few you will have to regrease them to stop the squeaking.

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Thank you Steve. I have OEM mounts. This is the link where the guys puts grease in the mount. I'm not sure if it is the right thing to do. https://www.reddit.com/r/FiestaST/comments/7v9ki2 View: https://amp.reddit.com/r/FiestaST/comments/7v9ki2/has_anyone_had_the_creaking_noise_from_the_right/
Usually silicone grease or lithium grease. There's a honda-branded silicone grease tube you can get on amazon. It's great for squeaky bushings (I have it on all of my whoosh poly exhaust hangers) and it de-squeaks nicely, but it's also so slippery the hangers slide around a bit. For a captive mount, probably great. The other benefit of the honda silicone grease tube is you can rub a light amount into your door/window seals and it does a good job of keepin' em squishy.

Silicone grease is stickier and stays in place, and does a pretty good job of keeping things slidey. You can find silicone grease that has PTFE in it which might be desirable. You can also use lithium grease, many of which have molybdenum disulfide, which heals with metal on metal contact. Really it depends on the nature of your squeak. Lithium holds up better to high temps but can "run", silicone tends to stay where you put it.