Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Enjoying the car is stock form... maybe

So this is where we bench race and talk about the Fiesta ST and how it fits into our life, or the philosophy for enjoying life. After all, if we didn't seek to enjoy life, we would have opted for the non ST model perhaps.

I'm there and I've been there for a long time, so I have a few cars and then more than a few incredible motorcycles... not because I'm wealthy but because I'm older and not the most responsible with my money over the years. These cars and bikes are ongoing projects for the most part, and some of them sit around as I gather more projects or work on different ones. It's a little bit paralyzing sometimes... but I have a few things I'm very proud of.

So I enjoy driving the Fiesta ST, Ford did a curiously outstanding job devising such a car, and it really doesn't need much in my opinion. I like the seats and the interior, perhaps a little too much road noise but that's fine as I rather have that and then the Focus as the less noisy version anyway (noise decrease equals mass increase). Grippy tires with taller sidewalls and smaller wheels made all the difference I needed, and the stock suspension feels excellent now. Autocrossing in H Street will keep me from changing things up too much, they allow slight wheel tire package changes and shocks/struts/one-sway-bar and a shift knob basically. Just thought I'd share that I think it's a great little car for me. Cheers!

Last edited:
I have driven mine for over 4 years in stock form except for an oil catch can. Just last week I fitted a metal coolant tank and the Cobb rear motor mount. I would like a bit more power like the MR230 package.. And I notice the heat soak now and then.

Been an awesome car and it just ticked over to 80k kilometers the other day. I love the sound of the engine and the handling is crazy fun!

Sent from my Mi MIX 2S using Tapatalk

I know exactly what you mean. Even with the criticisms I have heard such as overboosted brakes, over damped suspension and "fake" induction noise, It's still gives you exactly what the engineers wanted - a fun driving experience at a budget price tag. Ford really nailed it. Too bad these fun little affordable cars will not not be returning to the production line in the US.

I'm one week into ownership. I come from many years of RWD sports cars. I don't see a lot of easily fixable deficits. Lack of a LSD is the only thing I can easily identify, but I don't think I'd bother. My last car had 2.25x the power, I don't know that I want more power. I don't want more torque steer, wheel spin, etc. What makes this car fun is a good sensation of speed, nimble handling, good controls, moderately fun engine. It has a nice balance of attributes.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Absolutely nothing wrong with keeping the car stock it's a great car.
Some of us obviously have the modification bug I've done a handful so far, but my suspension is completely stock. Absolutely great car.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I'm one week into ownership. I come from many years of RWD sports cars. I don't see a lot of easily fixable deficits. Lack of a LSD is the only thing I can easily identify, but I don't think I'd bother. My last car had 2.25x the power, I don't know that I want more power. I don't want more torque steer, wheel spin, etc. What makes this car fun is a good sensation of speed, nimble handling, good controls, moderately fun engine. It has a nice balance of attributes.
So I too came from the rwd drive world and many years of rwd sports cars.
You don’t want torque steer change the factory engine mounts. It helps big time. Just putting in the street powerflex passenger side engine mount insert. Change the RMM out so your engine does not move around on hard shifts. Then if you feel a need do the trans side mount.
I firmly believe that the LSD is almost if not a must. It can transform the car completely. It is high on my list of mods. I have also ridden in hybrid Turbo FIST’s that do not have torque steer if you do these mods listed above , you will not and actually boosting power up to 280-300whp is plently for our little cars. IMO. So I probably will do a larger turbo, in fact I already have the turbo planned out. Whats crazy is the fact that for around 5-8K more than you pay for the car you can build it into a car that will kick ass on cars 2 times its price. Its a well engineered platform to build off.

Last edited:

HBEcoBeaST

There's a reason why the FiST got voted car of the year. It won over every auto journalist bone stock.

As for mods, do as you wish. The great thing with our platform is you can tinker a little here and there or you can go balls out. Plenty of options, cheap parts and ease of installs.

I do one mod at a time and really enjoy every step of the transformation

Jerickson88

I am basically stock, minus a symposer delete. I've been tuned, had intakes, RMM and such. I'm gonna work my way back there, when money permits. I still enjoy the stock form as well.

The engine is perfect stock but is very restricted... A lot of power locked away...

I got the 2jr cowl intake on order,. I just want to get rid of the heat soak and let the stock turbo breath a bit better.. Then I'll hopefully get a slightly upgraded intercooler and the access port then some better charge pipes ECT ECT

I'm also getting the two upper Powerflex engine mount inserts.

Sent from my Mi MIX 2S using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Not ripping anyone but auto journalists don’t give awards to modded cars. This doesn’t mean they aren’t WAY better than stock. Once you pass over the stock hp limit with a big turbo and accompanying mods, the word “stock” leaves your vocabulary for eternity
🌈🌈🌈