Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Ethanol percentage hardware project

DHM1

1000 Post Club
only problem is you use more E85 compared to regular ole' petrol. I think 1.4 gallons of E85 compared to 1 gallon of 91 for the same distance or work done.

This shouldnt be as bad with E45 but i know E85 required more fuel usage.

Razor this is an awesome project! I will keep an eye on it with hopes that Cobb helps collaborate on it as well.
By me its still worth it for any thing that should have 93oct. Right now e85 is 2.09/gal (times 1.4 is $2.92) and 93oct at the cheapest is 3.42/gal so im still saving about $.40 a gal.

OP
razorlab

razorlab

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #22
Progress.

Test fitting all the fittings to the sensor and wiring. I think I might have to add a 90* fitting and possibly a hose line. I was hoping to not have to make it more complicated but might have to depending on space and location in the engine bay. We'll see when I do some test fitting this weekend.

I'm updating the first post with part #'s as well.

Ok, so depending on the fuel you buy, it could be between e85 and e70, then you blend at the pump with 91(here in CA). You may land between a e33 or e41 by adding a 5 gallons of ethanol per fill on our 12.4 gallon tank. Can the stock ecu handle a 10 point swing in ethanol content on the same tune to maintain a safe AFR?

OP
razorlab

razorlab

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #26
Did some location scouting in the engine bay today. I thought the OEM hard line came out at a different angle from the top of the motor but it looks like I was wrong.

Looks like I will need to change the fittings to some 90* fittings and some hose to make it all fit right.

Stay tuned!

OP
razorlab

razorlab

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #28
Will there be a parts list when you finish the project :) ?
Yes! I already started one in the first post but hold off on buying anything until I get everything fitted and working.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I am tuning for 91 as that is all I can get here but will be traveling all over so have to tune for what I can get easily....but this, works right, I will certainly want it, thanks for doing this:)

OP
razorlab

razorlab

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #30
I have to give a big awesome mention to Radium Engineering for shipping out three hose assemblies super fast. I ordered them yesterday and they shipped this morning.

OP
razorlab

razorlab

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #31
I think I have it all figured out now, minus one fitting I need to order today. The Radium hoses came in yesterday and they look great and are priced well.

I'm updating the parts list on the first post, however please do not order anything until I make sure everything hooks up correctly!

OP
razorlab

razorlab

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #32
Wanted to give an update.

I received the last fitting I need, I hope.

I would normally have time this weekend to start fitting everything but I have a track day on Sunday and I learned a long time ago to not change anything before a track day unless you 100% have to so there we are.

:)

OP
razorlab

razorlab

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #36
Razor, your planning to use the accessport to display it, right?
Gonna be so awesome.
That's entirely up to COBB. That is my vision yes, but that would need COBB on board and us figuring out an unused input pin on the ECU. That will also open up the possibility of automatic map switching based on Ethanol percentage.

For now, I will be using the Zeitronix ECA to display the information.

http://www.zeitronix.com/Products/ECA/ECA.shtml

[video=youtube;wsWZVrdpSRI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsWZVrdpSRI[/video]

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Razor, maybe they would be nice enough to add an egt probe input while there at it... Surely everyone can agree on 1 EGT probe to use...

We all need to email and PM cobb about this....

OP
razorlab

razorlab

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #40
The MED17 ecu uses the factory wideband as both AFR and EGT reading.

Mercedes does this as well (with the same ECU) and some VW's.