Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Ethanol percentage hardware project

OP
razorlab

razorlab

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #42
Is it accurate? Or is it flow based kind of like that compressor outlet temp sensor.
That is a good question. I think it might be good enough to monitor changes to it, but as far as if it's 1:1 to an actual EGT sensor in the same place, I do not know.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
I can tell you the compressor output reading is WAY off once you change the basic flow min/max on the engine.

OP
razorlab

razorlab

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #44
I can tell you the compressor output reading is WAY off once you change the basic flow min/max on the engine.
That is because that is calculated off of the VE model. So, you probably need to recalibrate your VE flow models and curve.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I have an Optix, good brand, EGT and probe as well as an Innovate XD16 WB AF data logging gauge and two probes, I was going to sell both as figured not needed. I have a Banks IQ and EGT probe for my duramax I still need to install as well but considering using the Optix gauge setup(EGT and Boost) and skip the digital display unit.

I really wanted to stay as simple as possible and just run 91 octane, 93 and same tune if I found it......but this E sheat is really getting me going......so glad it is being worked out for our fun little cars!!!

I want a bit more power, the modded turbo is dang fine but with a bit more I can make my car a competitive TTB(might be C, still sorting it out) but I do not need a great deal more, if I can get it with E30, etc... I am all for it, I have little time left then will not have a place to fabricate manifolds or adapters, a new DP, etc........to run an EFR and I just simply refuse to buy a $3-4k manifold as that is all that is being offered I know of for now in a grossly overpriced kit.

I think we really need to bang on Cobb's door and get them on board with the ethanol kit you are working on!

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
That is because that is calculated off of the VE model. So, you probably need to recalibrate your VE flow models and curve.
Is there a "how to" on that? Lol. I'm pretty sure that's over my head on tuning.

Razor, I think once Rick tries E30-E50 he'll be hooked.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I guess I could get 10MPG towing my 43' trailer there and fill up with 30 gallons, it has a fuel pump on board.......but I have to keep all the weight out of the back of the unit possible as it was not designed to haul a car.

I have two 30 gallon tanks, one for the gen and the rest for ATV's, etc....but it weighs to much to use them fully.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Call Cobb and ask for some help???

--------------------

How far off is the release of the system looking like?

I need to tune the car for it and soon, this is the only way I can readily run E30, buying E85 to mix it and carrying some with me when I travel and want to know just what I have in the tank as it will be for my track events and I run the car very hard during them.

Anxiously waiting and willing to be an early user, help test etc...seriously:)

OP
razorlab

razorlab

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #51
How far off is the release of the system looking like?
I'm not releasing anything. I'll be sharing all the info and part #'s for anybody to use.

I should be able to get around to installing and testing after this weekends track event.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I forgot that part, great you are doing this and making it known for all others:)

I will be one of the first to jump on this it seems, I need a tune, I need to run E30 to do what I want....

I strongly believe in doing things this way, I either give away my info or give it to or work with manf or vendors to help make more parts available, like the BBK's to fit 15" wheels I am done testing and will foward the info soon, not really DIY stuff unless somebody has the shop, tools, time...but it will be far better to just buy the parts in a kit from a vendor.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Any news yet?

I am seriously interested in doing this but have to drive 100 miles to buy E85 so would pick up 20 gallons or so and have to mix my own fuel so having it metered would be a huge advantage.

Rick

OP
razorlab

razorlab

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #54
Any news yet?

I am seriously interested in doing this but have to drive 100 miles to buy E85 so would pick up 20 gallons or so and have to mix my own fuel so having it metered would be a huge advantage.

Rick
I was going to install this last weekend but I held off because of my track event and I learned a long time ago to not make changes to a car right before an event. ;)

I'm hoping to have time this weekend.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I fully understand about changes before an event, why I went over my car many times and put on as many miles as I could, even purposely hitting bigger bumps, slamming on the brakes, tossing the car around as hard as I could even on my track tires on the street a bit, before going to the track as a huge list of changes with hardly any miles on the car. I have built quite a few cars and this one has more mods than most, I wanted to ensure my first and possibly last track day of the season was a success and it was, whew, that was a huge break! If fact I was quite surprised I had only one tiny issue out of around 200 minutes on track and going all out as hard as I could for most of it.

Rambling on a bit, please get this tested as soon as you can, I am sure quite a few of us are waiting:)

OP
razorlab

razorlab

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #59
I took a break from car stuff this weekend to spend time with my girlfriend and some friends.

I also needed a add-a-fuse for the project which I picked up last night. Perhaps this weekend it will be complete?