Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Evening, Fellas

the duke

Dropping in to say hello. I'm Dan, and I'm looking to buy a '14 Fiesta ST in Molten Orange with Recaros (Orange inserts of course!) and Rado grey wheels. I work for a company that is a Ford supplier (But not in the way you think...) so I qualify for X-plan (woot). I initially was looking at the Focus, but personally the ST seems better to me. Lighter, less heatsoak, larger turbo to displacement, etc.Admittedly I still have yet to drive one, but a local dealer has a car coming by rail that should be exactly what I want (Need to see if the Recaros have orange inserts. Any way to tell on the window sticker?). I'm hoping I fit (250lbs, 6', weightlifter, and I have a tweaked back) with the Recaros, I sat in one at a local autoshow and it seemed snug, but bearable at least. I've heard the seats "break-in" too.

Here's what I'm coming from. Long story, but the short story is I think I'm ready to move on from it. It's been fun, but I commute locally and honestly it's a waste having all that power/grip and only doing 40mph. Sure, it gets there fast, but too fast. I'm into autocross (and track racing), but I know the car can outdrive me. My friend autocrossed an EP3 Si and had the same if not more fun that I did, so power isn't everything. Besides, the ST for a DD opens the door for a bike or a track-prepped Miata or something :D

Colin1337

1000 Post Club
Welcome, nice subbie. I've always wanted one as a project car, the sound they make is music to my ears haha

OP
T

the duke

Thread Starter #4
Welcome, nice subbie. I've always wanted one as a project car, the sound they make is music to my ears haha
It's even better with an S202 exhaust. Then again, they're not exactly common...

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Welcome aboard[welcome]

Another Ohioan!!! [cheers] I think that makes a whopping total of 3 now? But seriously you sir have a great taste in color/options ;)

OP
T

the duke

Thread Starter #8
Welcome and If you have the Window sticker it should be listed right below the Exterior vehicle color as Interior (mine says Smoke Storm Partial Leather) and I have the Grey seats

Here is a link to look at mine LINKY
Geez, how did I miss that. It's literally in the within the top 5 lines!

I must admit, I'm really excited for this car. I just hope I imagine too highly of it and end up disappointed. From what I've been reading (ie, EVERYONE) it sounds like i won't be disappointed.

Well, go test drive one and see for yourself. I KNOW you wont be disappointed. A buddy of mine who owns a Z06 drove mine at the track the other day and said he had the biggest smile on his face the entire time. Welcome to the family, in advance.

Welcome, I hope you like the test drive and pull the trigger. The Molten Orange is much nicer in person because you can see the pearl in the metallic tri-coat paint and its sick in the sun. The performance and handling will not disappoint. It pulls hard through all the gears with endless torque. The handling is awesome with almost no body roll staying planted when cornering hard no matter what. I've built quit a few cars over the years and Ford really has this car dialed in. Good Luck!

OP
T

the duke

Thread Starter #12
Well, I just checked the window sticker. Orange inserts. Woot!

Only problem is it's snowing right now and if it's under 40 they won't let me test drive it (Tires). Still. It's literally the one I would have ordered. Kinda creepy, but kind of an awesome story. It's got a front plate holder ordered already and I'm willing to bet it comes off the truck with it installed (Which seems to be the pattern, but not necessarily true all the time.)

Well, I just checked the window sticker. Orange inserts. Woot!

Only problem is it's snowing right now and if it's under 40 they won't let me test drive it (Tires). Still. It's literally the one I would have ordered. Kinda creepy, but kind of an awesome story. It's got a front plate holder ordered already and I'm willing to bet it comes off the truck with it installed (Which seems to be the pattern, but not necessarily true all the time.)
Nice, hope everything goes well, I'm sure you're going to enjoy the test drive, Lol. You're not the only one that had to deal with the crappy snow either, I actually test drove mine while it was snowing. There wasn't any on the roads yet but I still went back and drove it when it got nice a few days later, I don't think I stopped smiling while driving, Lol.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Vanilla2 New Member Introduction 21