Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Ever blow out a tire with 17" wheels?

pixelzombie

I had a tire replaced because of a screw in the shoulder. The tech inspected the front and said I had a small impact bubble and this could lead to a blowout if it got any bigger.

I haven't personally had a blow out, but my boss's son had one. He came to work to visit and we saw the bubble when he pulled up. My boss immediately was like we need to get you a tire and on the way it let go, about a 5 minute trip max speed of about 40mph. We don't know how long the tire was in that state, but it definitely is something I wouldn't mess with.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I popped one of the factory Michelin AS/3s on the factory wheel when hitting a huge, deep, unseen (pitch black at night) crater. [mad]

I've never had one pop just driving along, not even on the old Falken Ziexes I had on my 4th gen Z28, which had bubbles all over most of their sidewalls.

haste

1000 Post Club
Had a left rear tire(215/45/17) blow out on my SVT focus when I was going over 75mph. It wasn't that big of a deal since it was a rear tire. Front tire may be a different story at those speeds.