Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fiesta on Recall List

me32

1000 Post Club
Well i have both the fiesta and fusion so looks like both will need the recall

Hi guys,

I recommend working with your dealer to see when you can bring your in Fiesta (and/or Fusion, if you have one), provided your VIN is included in the recall. If you are included, please send me a PM with your info (VIN, mileage, best daytime phone, full name, dealer name/location.)

Meagan

me32

1000 Post Club
Hi guys,

I recommend working with your dealer to see when you can bring your in Fiesta (and/or Fusion, if you have one), provided your VIN is included in the recall. If you are included, please send me a PM with your info (VIN, mileage, best daytime phone, full name, dealer name/location.)

Meagan
Thanks meagan. Will do. I think it may take a couple weeks for the dealer's to get the info. Its not even showing up on the ford owner site either yet.

At the dealership right now getting my inspection taken care of, nothing on their system at this time for mine.

Etyrnus

Mine's a 2014 built in July of 13, and I don't have the recall listed on mine. My gf has a 2013 SE and does have it listed on hers already.

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
From past experience having owned many new cars where pretty much none of them where free of any recalls...From the time of the press announcement of the recall by the manufacturer and NHTSA it usually takes about a month to notify the actual customer....They need this time to build up inventory of replacement parts before sending out a global recall notice or posting notice of recall on the website to all customers effected...

Thanks meagan. Will do. I think it may take a couple weeks for the dealer's to get the info. Its not even showing up on the ford owner site either yet.
Correct. Owner letters will be sent out by June 1st. If you get a letter, I recommend reaching out to your dealer to see when you can come in.

Meagan

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Fuel Pump Recall

This recall by Ford for the fuel pump for the Fiesta appears to be limited to a narrow build period and doesn't specify as of yet if any FiST's were actually affected...

Update:
Fords Technical Website only lists "2014-2015 Ford Fiesta Vehicles with a 1.6L Engine (except ST)"
[HR][/HR]
https://media.ford.com/content/ford...ues-four-safety-recalls-in-north-america.html

Ford issues safety recall for certain 2014 Ford Focus, Edge, Escape and Transit Connect vehicles and 2014-15 Ford Fiesta vehicles in North America for fuel pump issue

Ford is issuing a safety recall for approximately 50,000 2014 Ford Focus, Edge, Escape and Transit Connect vehicles and 2014-15 Ford Fiesta vehicles in North America (actual 50,157) for an issue with the nickel plating on the fuel pump, which may cause it to seize. If the fuel pump seizes, a vehicle may not start or may stall while driving. An engine stall without warning while driving increases the risk of a crash.

Ford is aware of one allegation of an accident that may be related to this condition.

Affected vehicles include certain Ford Focus vehicles built October 26, 2013 - May 22, 2014 at Michigan Assembly Plant; certain Ford Edge vehicles built April 30, 2014 to May 21, 2014 at Oakville Assembly Plant; certain Ford Escape vehicles built Feb. 14, 2014 to March 7, 2014 at Louisville Assembly Plant; certain Ford Transit Connect vehicles built Nov. 11, 2013 to Aug. 29, 2014 at Valencia Assembly Plant; and certain Ford Fiesta vehicles built April 10, 2014 to June 17, 2014 at Cuautitlan Assembly Plant.

There are 45,505 vehicles in the United States and federalized territories, 4,618 in Canada and 34 in Mexico.

Dealers will replace the fuel delivery module at no cost to the customer.