Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fiesta ST 1/4 mile BigBoost Turbo kit testing

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Is that normal for his speedometer to go to 55 at the top of 2nd, and then dip back down to like 45 after he puts it in 3rd?

Also for those ready to upgrade past stock fueling, is Injectors+HPFP or Aux Fuel two different build paths? Where does Single Port/ 4 Port fall in? I hear these terminologies, but I'm not sure what any of it really means. Is there a thread that explains more on this topic?
Single port is a plate that goes after your throttle body. It's a single injector feeding a single port, the single port being the throttle body. The idea is that the fuel then gets distributed into the engine through the intake manifold. 4 port is a spacer that goes on the intake manifold and has 4 injectors, one each in front of each port on the intake manifold, hence a 4 port. In my opinion, upgraded injectors and fuel pump are the way to go. More reliable and easier for tuners to tune.

Edit - Single port and 4 port are considered auxiliary or aux fuel. Upgraded high pressure fuel pump (hpfp) and injectors are a different path than aux fuel. I don't think many or anyone does both because when you reach certain power levels, fuel isn't the issue anymore.

Is that normal for his speedometer to go to 55 at the top of 2nd, and then dip back down to like 45 after he puts it in 3rd?

Also for those ready to upgrade past stock fueling, is Injectors+HPFP or Aux Fuel two different build paths? Where does Single Port/ 4 Port fall in? I hear these terminologies, but I'm not sure what any of it really means. Is there a thread that explains more on this topic?
His tires were spinning in 2nd hard and hooked finally in 3rd. The traction caused his speedo to dip.

AzNightmare

Single port is a plate that goes after your throttle body. It's a single injector feeding a single port, the single port being the throttle body. The idea is that the fuel then gets distributed into the engine through the intake manifold. 4 port is a spacer that goes on the intake manifold and has 4 injectors, one each in front of each port on the intake manifold, hence a 4 port. In my opinion, upgraded injectors and fuel pump are the way to go. More reliable and easier for tuners to tune.

Edit - Single port and 4 port are considered auxiliary or aux fuel. Upgraded high pressure fuel pump (hpfp) and injectors are a different path than aux fuel. I don't think many or anyone does both because when you reach certain power levels, fuel isn't the issue anymore.
So either or, 2 different paths with it's own set of pros and cons I guess?

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
So either or, 2 different paths with it's own set of pros and cons I guess?
Hpfp and injectors - pros are it's easier to tune, more reliable, cons are it's more expensive than aux. Aux pros are it's more affordable but tougher to tune and less reliable. There is a theory that aux washes the valves but that's a whole other topic that isn't worth getting into.

No the "411whp" (lol) is at 28-29psi per the video. Really hard to hear since the background music was so loud.
ahh whp, dam that thing is getting 465+hp wow! 80-100hp more than me, $1900+, r&r s280, plus tuning...will see

regarding build path i have aux fuel to get close to 400hp, I would still need hpfp/injectors if i want more than that

dhminer

2000 Post Club

Aux fuel (single port and 4 port) were the early fueling solutions when there was no injector or hpfp upgrade. The aux fuel systems use a second ECU that taps into ignition wires and the MAP sensor to time when to fire the injectors. I believe all 4 injectors fire at the same time on 4 port aux, therefore they’re not timed specifically for when the intake valve opens and you can end up with fuel pooling a bit. If your aux fuel fails in any way, you’ll run super lean as the car won’t know it’s failed and will continue to demand big boost and timing. This is why many folks wire a LED light to indicate the aux fuel is getting power. Aux fuel does wash the valves of carbon buildup, though and basically render an OCC unneeded. Injectors/hpfp isn’t adding any new components, just upgrading the OEM units to flow more fuel. It’s 100% controlled by the ECU therefore is timed perfectly and can adjust more easily for altitude and other environmental variables. It’s more expensive to do injectors/hpfp, though and you’ll probably need walnut blasting of valves still. I’ve not seen anyone try to do both. I have a 4 port aux, injectors, and HPFP sitting in my garage unsure which I’ll go with ultimately. Tough choice, each with pros and cons.

Something I went looking for as part of the kit is the turbine to downpipe connection. The video doesn't really show what is used. I'm assuming there is some product you need to buy, and something available that puts the output in the stock location for normal market down pipes?

Jabbit

2000 Post Club

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
there is a downpipe included with the BB kit

ahh whp, dam that thing is getting 465+hp wow! 80-100hp more than me, $1900+, r&r s280, plus tuning...will see

regarding build path i have aux fuel to get close to 400hp, I would still need hpfp/injectors if i want more than that
the video of them hitting that number is on a factory intercooler to avoid pressure drop. that coupled with the lack of communication with the tuner has me hoping there is more information we can get with the BBT as I would love to see if anything can be modified to change power delivery.

@juan@bigboostturbo has the BBT done anything new with the Fiesta ST since your original post? dyno'd with a bigger intercooler? adjusted the timing to delivery more linear power sooner in the RPM range?

any info you could provide would be a big help!