Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fiesta ST 100k+ Club

Who has over 100,000 miles/161,000 km on their FiST? Post in here!

Any major issues or maintenance? My 2015 is at 113,000 as of today, and still runs like a top with nothing other than routine maintenance so far, including the blend door and mode door actuators.

Last edited:
Who has over 100,000 miles/161,000 km on their FiST? Post in here!

Any major issues or maintenance? My 2015 is at 113,000 as of today, and still runs like a top with nothing other than routine maintenance so far, including the blend door and mode door actuators.
There's a few on sale in my area pushing 90k+. Personally I'm still a long ways off, even if you count both of the FiSTs I've owned together I'm still under 100k.

How's your clutch doing, out of curiosity? I'd have no hesitation picking up a FiST with 90k+ miles on the clock, with the one question mark being the clutch.

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
I bought my 2014 with 100k, haha. I'm at about 110k miles now. The clutch is a little noisy, but now that the axle seals are fixed the car has been solid.

One wheel is a little out of round, but I'm thinking about buying some conservative 16'' wheels to add a little more sidewall.

OP
AnArmyOfJuan
Thread Starter #4
There's a few on sale in my area pushing 90k+. Personally I'm still a long ways off, even if you count both of the FiSTs I've owned together I'm still under 100k.

How's your clutch doing, out of curiosity? I'd have no hesitation picking up a FiST with 90k+ miles on the clock, with the one question mark being the clutch.
Clutch seems great to me. To be fair, I'm comparing it to my friend's '02 VW Golf which definitely has a clutch that's in its final days.

HardBoiledEgg

1000 Post Club
TRANS AT 63K BUT OTHER THEN THAT ALL NORMAL MAINT

TWO ACTUATORS BUT OTHER THEN THE TRANS NO REAL REPAIRS

BEEN MODDED AND TUNED SINCE DAY ONE. IF IM BEING HONEST THE ENGINE SEEMS TO BE GETTING TIRED BUT NO ISSUES. DOESN'T BURN A DROP OF OIL

xxiaze

105k suspension issues but it’s after market so not fords issue... rust in door panels from off weep holes and wintering the vehicle (Wisconsin). Blend door actuator clicks. Fuel pump regulator is an issue in over fill. Drivers side window doesn’t roll up sometimes and self rejects. Vehicle stumbles and struggles with AC on and running. Vehicle slightly runs sluggish after a hard run. No oil issues, no trans issues, compression is perfect across all four cylinders. Original everything mostly OEM. Not too bad. It’s a 2014.

DoomsdayMelody

Curious how many of the 100k+ group has had issues with carbon buildup on the intake valves? Also whether or not you’ve installed a catch can? I’m only at 65k now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
Curious how many of the 100k+ group has had issues with carbon buildup on the intake valves? Also whether or not you’ve installed a catch can? I’m only at 65k now.

I've never seen the value in having a catchcan.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

DoomsdayMelody

I've never seen the value in having a catchcan.

Me either, but there’s a troop of people on here that swear by them. Asking questions is the only way we can build data, circumstantial or otherwise.

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
Me either, but there’s a troop of people on here that swear by them. Asking questions is the only way we can build data, circumstantial or otherwise.

Dirty valves don't scare me. If there is any loss in power it's negligible for the vast majority of car owners.

DoomsdayMelody

Dirty valves don't scare me. If there is any loss in power it's negligible for the vast majority of car owners.

It’s not a loss of power that I’m concerned about, you’re talking about a loss of compression which can cause all sorts of other issues. Also, since our motors are what are classically referenced as interference engines, I have no idea what the clearance is between the valve and the piston or what the +/- is between now close they come into contact with each other as you see build up developing. All I know is I’d rather not discover the hard way.

PunkST

2000 Post Club

No catch can. But long drive times. My valves looked very good at 100k when i had to replace my starter. I still cleaned them with crc. But they were nowhere near as bad as my gf's gti. That said. Im having the clutch issues that a lot of folks are having. But ill be returning the car to stock and trading it soon.

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
No catch can. But long drive times. My valves looked very good at 100k when i had to replace my starter. I still cleaned them with crc. But they were nowhere near as bad as my gf's gti. That said. Im having the clutch issues that a lot of folks are having. But ill be returning the car to stock and trading it soon.
Too many headaches after the accident? Or just looking for a change of scenery?

DoomsdayMelody

108k here, pretty solid aside from some transmission noise
Tranny noise?

I know a lot of members have swapped to both a greater amount of fluid as well as better fluids, Amy chance you’ve tried that route?