Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fiesta ST 100k+ Club

Tranny noise?

I know a lot of members have swapped to both a greater amount of fluid as well as better fluids, Amy chance you’ve tried that route?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep! Replaced with 2L Motul DCTF hoping it'd make a difference. It's either slave cylinder or input shaft bearing I think.

DoomsdayMelody

Yep! Replaced with 2L Motul DCTF hoping it'd make a difference. It's either slave cylinder or input shaft bearing I think.
Here’s to hoping it’s the slave cylinder? Idk I really hope it’s neither.

I'm at 166xxxkm, or 103xxx miles. I've had no issues besides replacing battery, had to replace worn front and rear brakes, and front engine mount. I had a knocking sound coming from the passenger side and I thought it was axle related; I did the powerflex engine mount insert and the knocking sound was eliminated. I have a mountune rmm and I think it reroutes the stress to the other mounts, so upgrading the transmission mount is on the agenda. I have no oil leaks or oil consumption,no coolant loss and no over heating issues. I've been tuned since 107xxx km or 66xxx miles and i have an upgraded intercooler and depo downpipe. I do maintain my car very well with probably excessive oil changes and already replaced plugs 3 times, not that I was having ignition issues, but just for peace of mind. Oil always changed with synthetic and transmission fluid changed 2 times. The 1st time with motul gear 300 and now I am running redline mtlv. The coolant flushed and refilled with motorcraft coolant. I also want to give credit to Randy Robles for his tunes on my car; personally he is the only tuner I trust. Bodywise, I have rust bubbling on the door seams.

DoomsdayMelody

I'm at 166xxxkm, or 103xxx miles. I've had no issues besides replacing battery, had to replace worn front and rear brakes, and front engine mount. I had a knocking sound coming from the passenger side and I thought it was axle related; I did the powerflex engine mount insert and the knocking sound was eliminated. I have a mountune rmm and I think it reroutes the stress to the other mounts, so upgrading the transmission mount is on the agenda. I have no oil leaks or oil consumption,no coolant loss and no over heating issues. I've been tuned since 107xxx km or 66xxx miles and i have an upgraded intercooler and depo downpipe. I do maintain my car very well with probably excessive oil changes and already replaced plugs 3 times, not that I was having ignition issues, but just for peace of mind. Oil always changed with synthetic and transmission fluid changed 2 times. The 1st time with motul gear 300 and now I am running redline mtlv. The coolant flushed and refilled with motorcraft coolant. I also want to give credit to Randy Robles for his tunes on my car; personally he is the only tuner I trust. Bodywise, I have rust bubbling on the door seams.
Look at this guy and only one set of brakes. Reminds me I should do trans and coolant soon, been almost 7 years afaik.

Look at this guy and only one set of brakes. Reminds me I should do trans and coolant soon, been almost 7 years afaik.

My driving style is conservative on the brakes lol. I like to engine brake and I don't accelerate when I see a red light ahead. I don't tailgate. I keep a relatively long distance between me and the driver ahead. Ppl always rip by me going wtf and then they slam on the brakes after turning into my lane, realizing I was actually maintaining same speed as the driver ahead, not going slow. . I do however, do some left foot braking when doing some spirited driving on mountain twisties or when I feel like going really fast on a turn.

Last edited: