Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Intuit

3000 Post Club
There's such a price difference right now between regular and premium that it may well negate any benefits in trying to run MPG. If going to run MPG for the strict purpose of paying less at the pump, may fair better on stock tune and regular. For many I suspect running MPG is little more than a game, versus economy. 🙂

I cruise at 55 a lot, only go 60 or more on the bypass close where I work. I usually average 39-42 on the highway. It does have a hybrid turbo, but there’s also a good bit of weight out the car as well. And cruise control is a godsend driving 500+ miles a week lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drove 200 miles this morning to pick up some wheels. I was thinking it was going to be a bit farther than it really was so I went significantly slower than I normally drive and hypermiled a bit.
I used 4.5 gallons of fuel over 202 miles which comes out to 45mpg. Im shocked how much of a difference it made.

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Drove 200 miles this morning to pick up some wheels. I was thinking it was going to be a bit farther than it really was so I went significantly slower than I normally drive and hypermiled a bit.
I used 4.5 gallons of fuel over 202 miles which comes out to 45mpg. Im shocked how much of a difference it made.
Wow! That's the highest mpg I've ever heard of from a Fiesta.

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
Wow! That's the highest mpg I've ever heard of from a Fiesta.
I just want to clear something up. Hypermiling isn't a true mpg. Hypermiling isn't a 'driving' mpg. It is the hypermiling mpg, just as city is city and highway is highway.
It is a lot of coasting downhill and to red lights, as well as slower starts off the line. There are MANY factors that contribute to it, such as changes in elevation and drivers in your way or trying to plow over you as you coast, TRY to use cruise or take off slowly at lights (aka FL Snowbirds) or in large metro areas. I tried it well over a decade ago and it can make a difference, but difficult in my area.

Many of us have achieved 35 or 36 mpg in actual highway driving only w/o hypermiling. 40+ is attainable through hypermiling, but DAMN it's boring, restrictive and reminds me of the Sunday drives my parents forced me to go on. ugh

1648310824223.png 1648310870988.png

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
I just want to clear something up. Hypermiling isn't a true mpg. Hypermiling isn't a 'driving' mpg. It is the hypermiling mpg, just as city is city and highway is highway.
It is a lot of coasting downhill and to red lights, as well as slower starts off the line. There are MANY factors that contribute to it, such as changes in elevation and drivers in your way or trying to plow over you as you coast, TRY to use cruise or take off slowly at lights (aka FL Snowbirds) or in large metro areas. I tried it well over a decade ago and it can make a difference, but difficult in my area.

Many of us have achieved 35 or 36 mpg in actual highway driving only w/o hypermiling. 40+ is attainable through hypermiling, but DAMN it's boring, restrictive and reminds me of the Sunday drives my parents forced me to go on. ugh

View attachment 47739 View attachment 47740
I remember reading a hypermile thread where people were considering hot air intakes to burn less fuel. Some of their driving techniques sound rage inducing.

Mike King

U.S. Air Force Veteran
I'm averaging 35.7 MPG in mixed driving. On the country roads, I set the cruise in 6th to 50 MPH and tap the (-) button down to 40 when going through three little towns. I can get over 40 MPG doing this but I like to rip it once in a while, hence the 35.7 average. Has anyone improved this using aero mods? I was thinking vorex generators on my sedan rear glass, bumper vents, a full belly pan and using dirt skirts in front of the stock airdam and under the side skirts. Also I notice new vehicles have a small lip at the outer edges of the rear glass. Food for thought. My absolute best was over 50 MPG leaving work and driving 15 miles extremely boring, mostly downhill from Shippensburg PA to Mount Holly Springs on route 174. There are no stops on this stretch.

I'm averaging 35.7 MPG in mixed driving. On the country roads, I set the cruise in 6th to 50 MPH and tap the (-) button down to 40 when going through three little towns. I can get over 40 MPG doing this but I like to rip it once in a while, hence the 35.7 average. Has anyone improved this using aero mods? I was thinking vorex generators on my sedan rear glass, bumper vents, a full belly pan and using dirt skirts in front of the stock airdam and under the side skirts. Also I notice new vehicles have a small lip at the outer edges of the rear glass. Food for thought. My absolute best was over 50 MPG leaving work and driving 15 miles extremely boring, mostly downhill from Shippensburg PA to Mount Holly Springs on route 174. There are no stops on this stretch.
used to go though mount holly springs on the way to Carlisle back in the day. I live in front royal, virgina now so I take 81 to Carlisle these days.

HardBoiledEgg

1000 Post Club
I CAN'T GET MORE THEN 25 ON MY E30 TUNE ANYMORE. DID A FUEL SYSTEM CLEANING AND NEW PLUGS AND DIDN'T HELP

AT 166K IM GETTING READY TO JUST DO NEW O2S TO HELP IN HOPE

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
Just got 32.5 mpg all highway 93 tune, A/C on with maybe an extra gallon of ethanol in the tank. That’s going anywhere between 65mph to 80mph.

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
25 mpg mixed nyc driving. ALWAYS 93 octane! Bone stock w/28k miles. I got a heavy foot :p