Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fiesta ST Ram Air BIG MOUTH Intake Snorkel by Velossa Tech Engineering - R&D thread!

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
There shouldn't be anything wrong with trying to save money on a purchase...that's just being fiscally responsible.
So your saying that buying a performance vehicle is being fiscally responsible? That's like trying to use a cotton candy hammer to put down railroad ties. These are most of the time one off parts and they are not mass produced so very little or no discounts can be given silly. That's the point I'm getting at...[clap]

dyn085

2000 Post Club
So your saying that buying a performance vehicle is being fiscally responsible? That's like trying to use a cotton candy hammer to put down railroad ties. These are most of the time one off parts and they are not mass produced so very little or no discounts can be given silly. That's the point I'm getting at...[clap]
That's the most idiotic response I've seen in a while but stretch it as far as you'd like, there is still nothing wrong with trying so save a few bucks. Quite honestly, Americans would be much better off if they tried harder to save a few dollars instead of just blowing it at will. And using me32's example, a lot of times there are deals to be had if you just look and/or ask.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Maybe he bought that GT500 with money he saved from buying discounted parts....
That could very well be! That would be a a bunch of parts....but i like your style twolf! I'd have another idiotic response to dyn69 ...but I'll stow it away until another opportunity arises to state the obvious in an abstract way!

jeff

2000 Post Club
I got to know Dan AKA Velossatech a bit as I orderd several custom things from him. He's a great guy working late into the night on this stuff. I don't know that he's made much money on Fiesta parts yet as he is new to the platform. So he's still in the stage of trying to recoup money from time spent in the R&D stage. He has a passion for making good stuff and he does make good stuff. So in my case I didn't mind paying a few dollars more to support a new business/vendor.

All that's to say I agree with you.

That's the most idiotic response I've seen in a while but stretch it as far as you'd like, there is still nothing wrong with trying so save a few bucks. Quite honestly, Americans would be much better off if they tried harder to save a few dollars instead of just blowing it at will. And using me32's example, a lot of times there are deals to be had if you just look and/or ask.
Why is it that you personally insult Typhoon for simply stating his opinion? You did the same thing on my thread the other day for no reason that makes any sense.

I'm gonna try to help you out to relax. PM me your favorite restaurant and address and I'm gonna mail you a gift card.

He is far from an idiot.....heck, he owns a Typhoon.

dyn085

2000 Post Club
Why is it that you personally insult Typhoon for simply stating his opinion? You did the same thing on my thread the other day for no reason that makes any sense.

I'm gonna try to help you out to relax. PM me your favorite restaurant and address and I'm gonna mail you a gift card.

He is far from an idiot.....heck, he owns a Typhoon.
It's not a personal insult, it's an adjective. There is a difference between calling someone an idiot and saying that something they said is idiotic. If you think that a cotton-candy hammer metaphor is a reasonable (antonym of idiotic) response to actively searching for discounts, then I don't know what else to tell you. Believe the market hype and pay full price if you would like, but you may as well keep your gift card money to cover the added expense.

jeff

2000 Post Club
It's not a personal insult, it's an adjective. There is a difference between calling someone an idiot and saying that something they said is idiotic. If you think that a cotton-candy hammer metaphor is a reasonable (antonym of idiotic) response to actively searching for discounts, then I don't know what else to tell you. Believe the market hype and pay full price if you would like, but you may as well keep your gift card money to cover the added expense.
I've started two businesses, one failed, the other is doing quite well, and I know very much how important those early customers are that get it off the ground. Just putting myself in Dan's shoes here, you know, do unto others.

For someone that gets as riled as you do so easily, I would think that were I to tell you that your ideas were idiotic, you would become quite upset. But it's cool, I'll keep the gift card!!

BACK TO TOPIC!!! Velossatech stuff is pretty great. I have their big mouth, badges, and wheel caps!

dyn085

2000 Post Club
I've started two businesses, one failed, the other is doing quite well, and I know very much how important those early customers are that get it off the ground. Just putting myself in Dan's shoes here, you know, do unto others.

For someone that gets as riled as you do so easily, I would think that were I to tell you that your ideas were idiotic, you would become quite upset. But it's cool, I'll keep the gift card!!

BACK TO TOPIC!!! Velossatech stuff is pretty great. I have their big mouth, badges, and wheel caps!
It's always interesting to see those that seem to believe I type with emotion. You may read with emotion, but there's no need to project that into my words. And I don't know how new you think Velossa Tech is, but he has been making these for nearly a year now with at least a couple of different group buys on the FoST forums. This community is usually desperate enough to just pay full-price most of the time though, and this is a pretty good example of that.

And no, I don't get upset when my ideas are considered idiotic. They tend to not be referenced that way because I usually provide data, but I'm always open to criticism when it's necessary. But again, I wasn't calling an idea (or a person) idiotic...tough concept to grasp, though.

jeff

2000 Post Club
It's always interesting to see those that seem to believe I type with emotion. You may read with emotion, but there's no need to project that into my words. And I don't know how new you think Velossa Tech is, but he has been making these for nearly a year now with at least a couple of different group buys on the FoST forums. This community is usually desperate enough to just pay full-price most of the time though, and this is a pretty good example of that.

And no, I don't get upset when my ideas are considered idiotic. They tend to not be referenced that way because I usually provide data, but I'm always open to criticism when it's necessary. But again, I wasn't calling an idea (or a person) idiotic...tough concept to grasp, though.
No worries man.

Dan is relatively new to the FiST, as you say he has been working on Focus parts for awhile and owns a FoST, but his venture into FiST stuff is relatively new. Some of the parts are interchangeable though but not the BIG MOUTH. He's quite a decent guy, we spent a good deal of time chatting about cars, upgrades, etc. and I'm proud to have his stuff on my car.

twolf

Shit Jeff I'll take your gift card...

I'll also say I have paid full price for NOTHING on my car, including the car itself. There are deals to be had--all you have to do is ask... it costs nothing to ask, so I typically do.

dyn085

2000 Post Club
No worries man.

Dan is relatively new to the FiST, as you say he has been working on Focus parts for awhile and owns a FoST, but his venture into FiST stuff is relatively new. Some of the parts are interchangeable though but not the BIG MOUTH. He's quite a decent guy, we spent a good deal of time chatting about cars, upgrades, etc. and I'm proud to have his stuff on my car.
I never said he was a bad guy, I just don't think I can get past having to cut up my shroud to make it fit.

jeff

2000 Post Club
Shit Jeff I'll take your gift card...

I'll also say I have paid full price for NOTHING on my car, including the car itself. There are deals to be had--all you have to do is ask... it costs nothing to ask, so I typically do.
When I make an Atlanta meet some time lunch is on me. Or if you're ever my way, just a couple hours east, let me know and I'll take you to my favorite Japanese steakhouse, my treat!

I'm all for deals too, I was just trying to relate to the small/new business owner.

I never said he was a bad guy, I just don't think I can get past having to cut up my shroud to make it fit.
The verdict is still out on whether or not the shroud needs to be cut. I read where several people said it did, but I've also read a couple who say they have made it fit. How well they made it fit I am not sure. But it could be my fault for not fitting it all back together correctly. Either way it's no biggie to me. I've got it looking nice from the inside and I love walking up on my car and seeing that red mouth glaring at me.

Living in an area with ludicrously high rental prices, I have seen many local businesses fail because they can't make money if they compete with internet pricing.

For me, if I like a local business I have to buy stuff there or else they disappear (some times they disappear any way). That means spending more but you might end up spending more on shipping if you lose that store.

For the Fiesta ST, with the niche market we need to support the businesses that cater to us. The alternative is a barren aftermarket.

Any way, pay to play, a few dollars here and there, you are making our aftermarket stronger unless you are cutting the margins so close that the company loses money.

jeff

2000 Post Club
Living in an area with ludicrously high rental prices, I have seen many local businesses fail because they can't make money if they compete with internet pricing.

For me, if I like a local business I have to buy stuff there or else they disappear (some times they disappear any way). That means spending more but you might end up spending more on shipping if you lose that store.

For the Fiesta ST, with the niche market we need to support the businesses that cater to us. The alternative is a barren aftermarket.

Any way, pay to play, a few dollars here and there, you are making our aftermarket stronger unless you are cutting the margins so close that the company loses money.
Well said. Like those ecobeast special color badges, they were gone quickly. Wish I'd been able to snag one, I would have paid full price.

When are you installing your big mouth?

Work has got me hammered but I've got a bunch of parts lining up for when I have time.

The way things are going that might be June.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
When I make an Atlanta meet some time lunch is on me. Or if you're ever my way, just a couple hours east, let me know and I'll take you to my favorite Japanese steakhouse, my treat!

I'm all for deals too, I was just trying to relate to the small/new business owner.

The verdict is still out on whether or not the shroud needs to be cut. I read where several people said it did, but I've also read a couple who say they have made it fit. How well they made it fit I am not sure. But it could be my fault for not fitting it all back together correctly. Either way it's no biggie to me. I've got it looking nice from the inside and I love walking up on my car and seeing that red mouth glaring at me.
Yes the shroud does need to be cut....it can be done neatly with a Dremel. ....when I did mine I used a neon paint marker and drew the pattern according to the directions. It went very smoothly with the dremel with a small saw blade attacthment. You can cut it and leave it because the radiator shroud hides the snorkel. It is a tight fit I might add and needs some finesse to get it nicely back together.

Cutting the bottom doesn't seem to be the question, that is part of the installation.

It sounds like some people are having trouble getting the shroud back on after the snorkel is installed.

I am going to take my time when I finally get to it and figure out how to get the shroud back in place.

I bet there is a trick or one point that causes interference.

If someone can post up a how-to for removing the shroud and cutting it that would be great.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
If someone can post up a how-to for removing the shroud and cutting it that would be great.
When you buy the snorkel. ..it come with picture directions. Just buy the snorkel for the love of god. Quit over thinking the whole process. It took me about I'd say 1hr 45 -2hrs with some breaks. I did it on a hoist. If you have no hoist it would take more time. It was a very easy job when you have the RIGHT TOOLS.

Ford Community Posts