Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fiesta ST Turbosmart BOV, Cobb AP, Dizzy tune, Whoosh Motorsports charge pipes

Figured I'd share some of the recent things being done to the daily. Nothing to different than the norm for these cars I'd assume but here goes. Started off with a Turbosmart 50/50 BOV. Install was a breeze thanks to being able to use a lift here at work. Actually everything's been fairly easy due to the lift lol I'll start by saying yes it does get pretty loud. Paired with the 2JR cowl intake and the car is just fun to drive. Makes me laugh and what more can you want in a car being daily driven haha. Adjusted if i recall to 75% on the "hard" side. No flutter at peak boost but at low RPMs does have some flutter. Did research prior due to me thinking that would be a bad thing but supposedly at such low rpms its normal. Hell it did it with the stock one so ill leave it as is. I should add the noise in the cabin was starting to get to me but the Whoosh Motorsports symposer delete took care of that. As for the AP I finally received that today and will stick to the OTS stage 1 until i receive my stage 1 tune from dizzy. Finally, just ordered the Whoosh motorsports hot and cold side piping for the intercooler. I haven't much review or info on those online so I'l go ahead and update ya'll here for ease of installation. So far Ron over at whoosh hasn't let me down. Fast shipping and great product at a great price. Will be ordering their V3 intercooler and throwing a stage 2 from dizzy on after that. Should be the last modification for the daily for a while (besides wheels and tires) as I have a 91 RX7 and 91 Civic hatch to finish up lol

xxiaze

sounds like a solid Daily man! Congrats. You love it? Had any sweet race encounters with it? How about your favorite moment with it?

OP
FC3SJay
Thread Starter #3
sounds like a solid Daily man! Congrats. You love it? Had any sweet race encounters with it? How about your favorite moment with it?
Thanks brotha! Honestly not so much haha took out a couple new Civic Si's besides that it's been calm. Has seen the canyon a few times and the track once though. Favorite moment overall would be at the track when the car actually surprised me in feeling so mechanical, just like my old civic. In daily driving it has to be the BOV. The sound is just great and I always laugh when it scares off other much faster cars to the point of backing away from me lol Inside i know those cars would destroy this thing xD

xxiaze

Thanks brotha! Honestly not so much haha took out a couple new Civic Si's besides that it's been calm. Has seen the canyon a few times and the track once though. Favorite moment overall would be at the track when the car actually surprised me in feeling so mechanical, just like my old civic. In daily driving it has to be the BOV. The sound is just great and I always laugh when it scares off other much faster cars to the point of backing away from me lol Inside i know those cars would destroy this thing xD
So true man! Haha. I call them office shots... I shoot my BOV at people to try and play but they always run. I’m like cmon! This thing is actually slow, let’s play. I’m currently pending a G25 big turbo upgrade... can’t wait for that to be done so it’s actually fast! Yay! It’s so fun though regardless. My buddy just got one of those 2020 si civics... what a dummy. No room to grow! Lots of money to make it leave stock he’s saying I guess.

OP
FC3SJay
Thread Starter #5
So true man! Haha. I call them office shots... I shoot my BOV at people to try and play but they always run. I’m like cmon! This thing is actually slow, let’s play. I’m currently pending a G25 big turbo upgrade... can’t wait for that to be done so it’s actually fast! Yay! It’s so fun though regardless. My buddy just got one of those 2020 si civics... what a dummy. No room to grow! Lots of money to make it leave stock he’s saying I guess.
Right haha

OP
FC3SJay
Thread Starter #6
So quick update threw on the AP with the ots stage 1 and im wondering why the car didnt come like this out the factory lol nothing to crazy the torque is nice though and feels smoother. Now just waiting on the dizzy stage 1. For Xxiaze: My GF is actually about to pick up an Si so ill be comparing the two through similar upgrades haha

xxiaze

So quick update threw on the AP with the ots stage 1 and im wondering why the car didnt come like this out the factory lol nothing to crazy the torque is nice though and feels smoother. Now just waiting on the dizzy stage 1. For Xxiaze: My GF is actually about to pick up an Si so ill be comparing the two through similar upgrades haha
Keep me posted, def curious on the reality of that

OP
FC3SJay
Thread Starter #8
Update once again finaally got the Dizzytune stage 1 tune. For $25 more i couldn't pass up the pops lol Car feels even better now. Smoother and more progressive through the power band. Got in my intercooler piping, now just to wait on the intercooler itself. From there a stage 2 and an E30 tune. Will probably leave it that and work on suspension and some exterior stuff. Loving this car more and more as a daily.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
The sound is just great and I always laugh when it scares off other much faster cars to the point of backing away from me lol Inside i know those cars would destroy this thing xD
HA! I never thought of a loud BOV as a 'challenge deterrent', but that is pretty cool! [thumb]

I guess the rep of these cars being able to support such high power levels with the factory bottom end, and a turbo upgrade is finally getting around out there. [dunno]

OP
FC3SJay
Thread Starter #10
HA! I never thought of a loud BOV as a 'challenge deterrent', but that is pretty cool! [thumb]

I guess the rep of these cars being able to support such high power levels with the factory bottom end, and a turbo upgrade is finally getting around out there. [dunno]
Tell me about it lol I've noticed that they're being looked at more these days. Can't beat the price for what you get honestly.