Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fiesta ST turned off while driving and wouldn't turn on

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Update for my part of this thread -

Short story: My car did this 3 times - first time they replaced the blown fuse; second time they replaced the instrument gauge cluster and it ran fine for 2+ months; now it's currently in the shop AGAIN and they found where the wire harness for the gauges has had the insulation rubbed off on a bracket of some sort under the dash which was causing a short.
Good Info! [wrenchin] and [thumb]...wish you had some photos for where people should look if they have this happening!

Spaceman_Spiff

Good Info! [wrenchin] and [thumb]...wish you had some photos for where people should look if they have this happening!
I haven't seen it myself, just what the service advisor has told me. According to him, the tech was on his back on the floor under the driver's side dash with his arm all the way up behind the dash. I can say that the first and second time popped fuse 21; still waiting to hear which one it was this time.

The dealer seems to think none of these are related... Even though it was the exact same symptoms each and every time. "But the codes were different..."

Sent from my spaceship using Tapatalk