Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fiesta ST vs DC2 Integra Type R

airjor13

2000 Post Club
Let me tell you why you should get a Fiesta over a DC2 Integra.

You can count on probably owning your Fiesta ST for years to come. If you buy a DC2 Integra type R, I hope you have a locked garage and the world's best alarm system - every single person I know who has owned an Integra has had it broken into or stolen at least once. They are notoriously easy to steal. It's also a 10+ year old car. Considering what you're going to spend, it makes no sense to go ITR.

Moral of the story: if you get an integra, expect to have it stolen. seriously. not even hating, that's just the reality.
This is sad but true story, my crazy friend currently owns 4 integras, an turbo DB, an LS VTEC, and 2 mint IT-R, one is track-duty only. 3 of them have been broken into and messed with.

The DB was stolen then later found. IT-R #1 was stolen, found then converted to track-duty only. LS VTEC was broken into but somehow never stolen.

The only one unmolested one is IT-R #2, and its a shame because it hardly gets driven, always attracts the "wrong" crowd [mecry]

BlueBomber

1000 Post Club
This is sad but true story, my crazy friend currently owns 4 integras, an turbo DB, an LS VTEC, and 2 mint IT-R, one is track-duty only. 3 of them have been broken into and messed with.

The DB was stolen then later found. IT-R #1 was stolen, found then converted to track-duty only. LS VTEC was broken into but somehow never stolen.

The only one unmolested one is IT-R #2, and its a shame because it hardly gets driven, always attracts the "wrong" crowd [mecry]
annnd thank you for driving my point home, hehe

OP
G
Thread Starter #23
Let me tell you why you should get a Fiesta over a DC2 Integra.

You can count on probably owning your Fiesta ST for years to come. If you buy a DC2 Integra type R, I hope you have a locked garage and the world's best alarm system - every single person I know who has owned an Integra has had it broken into or stolen at least once. They are notoriously easy to steal. It's also a 10+ year old car. Considering what you're going to spend, it makes no sense to go ITR.

Moral of the story: if you get an integra, expect to have it stolen. seriously. not even hating, that's just the reality.
I completely get where you are coming from. I do live in an area that doesn't deal too much with stolen cars. If I go to the bad part of town I don't think they would be stealing it for being an Integra more so than it just being a car in general. I had an S2000 for a few years which is also notorious for being stolen and never had a problem with it. Maybe after the FiST is paid off I will search for the white unicorn and then have both :)

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
I completely get where you are coming from. I do live in an area that doesn't deal too much with stolen cars. If I go to the bad part of town I don't think they would be stealing it for being an Integra more so than it just being a car in general. I had an S2000 for a few years which is also notorious for being stolen and never had a problem with it. Maybe after the FiST is paid off I will search for the white unicorn and then have both :)
Never hurts to have a plan.. Love them ITR's and we have one that comes out to track events the Guy has owned it since new and never has had a issue with it being messed with.. So must be a neighborhood thing or it could be kids round here love their Civic's better Yo.... lol

Had a blue 2000 si and Loved it was stolen twice in two years once from work and once from home, had the wheels stolen once and was broken into with the back seat, gauge pack and few other bits stolen, that was the last straw, I sold the car while it was being put back together and was informed by the police that later that week it was stolen off the car dealers lot. I loved it but it did attract the wrong crowd.

Gravediggin an old thread, but just saw this.
The type R wins on a straight,

R: 0-60 ~ 6 seconds
ST: 0-60 ~7 sec

R 0-100: ~15 sec
ST: 0-100: ~17sec

Type R 0-60-100MPH:

[video=youtube;7n3kEOpXo-E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7n3kEOpXo-E[/video]

ST 0-60-100MPH(160kph):

[video=youtube;6oM8rdDtqcQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oM8rdDtqcQ[/video]

While you can add a larger turbo on an ST, you can also add a turbo on a Type R.