Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fiesta won't start or recognize key fob

Erc817

So I drove my 2019 fiesta st to the gas station the other day and put some gas in, went inside, came back to turn it on and it wouldn't start. I am unable to use my fob to lock my doors, even when using the emergency black button on the door handle, tried the emergency start next to the steering wheel, it literally acts as if my fob is non existent.. my brake pedal is super stiff to push in fact I can't even push it all the way down and I just want to know how to diagnose so I can have my car back😭

OP
E

Erc817

Thread Starter #3
Yes, I've gone through a - z when it comes to common issues such as both batteries. Checking fuses now, it seems almost like there is a short or something I'm pretty lost tbh

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Yes, I've gone through a - z when it comes to common issues such as both batteries. Checking fuses now, it seems almost like there is a short or something I'm pretty lost tbh
it’s most likely your contacts in the FOB . They are cheap and tend to wear and get burnished you might try cleaning them up with some sand paper, One of mine has started doing it after 4.5 years of steady use.

Are there any updates to this? My 2017 is having the same issue. I notice it locking but if I hit the lock again to make it beep it’s almost like it doesn’t register. And once before I’ve unlocked the car and tried starting up and nothing happened at all. Took me getting out relocking the car and re-unlocking it to recognize I was in there. Very strange.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Are there any updates to this? My 2017 is having the same issue. I notice it locking but if I hit the lock again to make it beep it’s almost like it doesn’t register. And once before I’ve unlocked the car and tried starting up and nothing happened at all. Took me getting out relocking the car and re-unlocking it to recognize I was in there. Very strange.
Battery in the key could be low.