Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2015 Fiesta ST wrecked in front.... won't start

e9coupe

The guy helping me work on the car said the inertia switch is reset with the brake pedal and starter button. Is this true? Seems like it would be a physical switch to reset. The car had a broken intake manifold which we replaced, now the engine cranks but doesn't fire. Starting fluid doesn't help, not sure what to check next. Crank sensor? Any ideas? Unfortunately, our Snap-on scanner doesn't have new enough software for the '15

Dan

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
In most cars, the inertia impact switch is a physical switch mounted in the foot well.
I have never looked for it in this car.
It shuts off the fuel so if starting fluid did not get it to fire then that is not your problem.
The crank sensor is a good possibility.
However without test equipment it may be tuff.

Dave

OP
E

e9coupe

Thread Starter #3
In most cars, the inertia impact switch is a physical switch mounted in the foot well.
I have never looked for it in this car.
It shuts off the fuel so if starting fluid did not get it to fire then that is not your problem.
The crank sensor is a good possibility.
However without test equipment it may be tuff.

Dave
Thanks Dave. I checked the foot wells just in case and there wasn't anything there. The owners manual says to use the brake pedal and starter button so I guess that's the way it is. The car was hit hard enough to crush the intake manifold and everything with it and in front of it, but it went over the top of the frame rails so its not all that bad of a fix. Getting the engine to start is the number one priority though.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Pull a plug then reconnect it to the coil and check for spark.
That should help as where to look next.

Dave