Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fifteen52 Releases Front Lip, Sills, Flares, & Wing Extension

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #43
Cup spoilers are coming soon. We weren't happy with the final design so we are re-doing them...again. Fully understand how people are reacting to the pricing on the items and some of it is fair feedback. What a lot of people have to remember is that what we create is made in the US (as in right in LA) NON OVERLAY carbon fiber parts. Most of the parts created for the Fiesta/focus market are fiberglass with carbon layed over the top. This is where your $399 carbon fiber hoods come from that are as heavy as stock and more fragile. Our CF is dry and vacuum formed which is lighter and stronger (the actual point of CF). The other thing to keep in mind is that if you were looking at the same parts for an EVO or STI our prices are right in line, I fully get that the price point for the Fiesta ST is significantly lower but we think its just as viable of a market for enthusiasts which is why we created parts for it. Lastly, there really is no one making aero parts for the Fiesta aside from triple r and some ebay companies.

If anyone has any questions, let me know!
dallas@wearefifteen52.com
Welcome!

And thanks for the clarification and updates...glad to have you aboard!

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I appreciate using quality construction methods to make your parts, very much so.

Some of the parts made for these cars from fiberglass and CF may be weak and heavy but not many are made and so far the hood from Seibon, which is very well made, has proven to be much lighter that stock as is the hatch door, I am sure there are other well made parts available as well that are not pure CF.

Calling your parts aero is incorrect if they are made for style with out real aero advantages, your splitter is the best one you have shown, the flares the worst by far but could be great if filled in properly where the aero aspect is missing.

As mentioned tie the splitter into the flares, cover the front of the tires, even better add some canards...now we have real aero;)

The "wing" extension will not generate much down force even if you filled in the top of the stock wing which creates to much turbulence that decouples the air when adding a lip, the steeper the angle the worse it will get. Only a real wing will do much good, I have looked into the extensively.

I will take a look at your "cup Spoilers", hopefully they are a properly designed aero part.

Why do I care, why so passionate, so outspoken? Because there are many less experienced that are prone to buy into misleading hype, go for style over substance, they need to know the truth so they can make better choices with their hard earned money that some companies go after.

Most sincerely,
Rick

RAAM, when you go to the website, they are listed under styling. Not performance. It's not like they are labeling them for racing. They are a styling add-on for our car, nothing more.

LT Berzerker

I appreciate using quality construction methods to make your parts, very much so.

Some of the parts made for these cars from fiberglass and CF may be weak and heavy but not many are made and so far the hood from Seibon, which is very well made, has proven to be much lighter that stock as is the hatch door, I am sure there are other well made parts available as well that are not pure CF.

Calling your parts aero is incorrect if they are made for style with out real aero advantages, your splitter is the best one you have shown, the flares the worst by far but could be great if filled in properly where the aero aspect is missing.

As mentioned tie the splitter into the flares, cover the front of the tires, even better add some canards...now we have real aero;)

The "wing" extension will not generate much down force even if you filled in the top of the stock wing which creates to much turbulence that decouples the air when adding a lip, the steeper the angle the worse it will get. Only a real wing will do much good, I have looked into the extensively.

I will take a look at your "cup Spoilers", hopefully they are a properly designed aero part.

Why do I care, why so passionate, so outspoken? Because there are many less experienced that are prone to buy into misleading hype, go for style over substance, they need to know the truth so they can make better choices with their hard earned money that some companies go after.

Most sincerely,
Rick
Sorry raam, while I agree on performance enhancement with you.... Just throwing this out there ;)

dyn085

2000 Post Club
RAAM, when you go to the website, they are listed under styling. Not performance. It's not like they are labeling them for racing. They are a styling add-on for our car, nothing more.
^ Exactly this.

It's always the same thing with you; you need to come down off of that horse. Just because someone wants to add 'style' to their car doesn't make them inexperienced, believing hype, or making poor choices. If I or any other member wants to spend their hard-earned money on a 'style over substance' modification, that's our choice-not yours. It's ludicrous that you could be so condescending to everyone that doesn't treat this car like a race car, and I would think that with your 'wealth of knowledge' you would understand that 'because racecar' isn't the only reason to modify a car.

You're not 'passionate'-you're 'close-minded'. If you preferred blondes that wouldn't make every person that wanted a brunette 'inexperienced' or 'making poor choices' and every person that wanted a redhead 'believing the hype' or going for 'style over substance'. Grow up and get over yourself, there's a whole world of people out here that are not you and don't value what you value.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Calling it like it is, quote:

"Lastly, there really is no one making aero parts for the Fiesta aside from triple r and some ebay companies."

There are real wings and other real aero parts made for this car, most are a bit to race for the street but they are real.

Making aerodynamically degrading parts and calling them aero is what I am posting about, and saying nobody else makes them, truth in advertising???

--------------

High horse, seems you are familiar with that as well;)
We both are like that in a bit different ways, I will accept that, can you?

^ Exactly this.

It's always the same thing with you; you need to come down off of that horse. Just because someone wants to add 'style' to their car doesn't make them inexperienced, believing hype, or making poor choices. If I or any other member wants to spend their hard-earned money on a 'style over substance' modification, that's our choice-not yours. It's ludicrous that you could be so condescending to everyone that doesn't treat this car like a race car, and I would think that with your 'wealth of knowledge' you would understand that 'because racecar' isn't the only reason to modify a car.

You're not 'passionate'-you're 'close-minded'. If you preferred blondes that wouldn't make every person that wanted a brunette 'inexperienced' or 'making poor choices' and every person that wanted a redhead 'believing the hype' or going for 'style over substance'. Grow up and get over yourself, there's a whole world of people out here that are not you and don't value what you value.
......... [ridinghorse]

^ Exactly this.

I was reading this post and showed it to my dad. He wants to buy you a beer.

You took the words right out of my mouth. It's my car and I will spend my hard-earned money however I choose.

RAAM, you sound like a VWVortex member making fun of folks for buying knockoffs. If there are real aero parts out there, go buy them and leave us that want styling alone.

Back on topic, I really like the extension. I'm probably going to pick it up instead of the Mountune.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
See my last post.

All I ask for is the truth and want to help those new to these things to know what real performance is, those wise enough to know but choose otherwise, that is fine with me as long as they do not try to convince others, otherwise, which I have seen a bit here on this great forum.

We have an incredible car to work with, making it slower in the name of style is what I do not get, but do as you will, as long as being truthful to yourselves and others;)

Rick

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
The more I look at the splitter the more I like it actually and the spoiler extension has merit, looks nice and if one seals off the top of the wing, as mentioned before, would make it actually do something good, not a lot of gain but not a loss so it is a real performance part if used properly Both of these parts do or have the potential to be the best aero parts for a street driven FiST so far.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
It might cause a bit of overheating as blocking some of the grill, other than that, looks about as cool as funky fenders.

Most sincerely,
Rick
Rest assured Rick, many of us know exactly what you mean!!! I may be somewhere in the middle so can appreciate the daily drivers that just want their STs to look cooler and of course go faster. So I can appreciate any company that makes an effort to provide goodies for our car. Pricing will be dealt with by market forces so good luck to over pricers!!! But yes, I so understand what you are saying, totally agree and appreciate the experience and focus on performance you bring to the table. I also understand others are puzzled and just plain not on the same page. Many have zero track experience, many are young and will understand what you are saying ten years from now!!! That being said, with every successive car that I own I see that technological leaps make a lot of the mods we used to do ourselves quite unnecessary. Appreciated your comment that this FiST is so well engineered, and I too am amazed that it needs very little (especially for street duty) except 1 thing. I'm sure you know what I mean ... and of course gas pedal mod / reposition and cover for heel toe.