Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

SLD Final partout: DHM 290r kit, Cobb catback, whoosh fmic

Trader history for V_2 (2)

V_2

Well, here we go. I'm done with my back to stock transformation and it's time to send off the last of my parts.

Local sale preferred and local buyers have dibs. All prices are plus shipping and PayPal fees. Located in Murfreesboro, TN.

Thanks for looking!

- $2000; Complete DHM 290r (gt2560r) kit. Everything needed for a PNP install. Also including an extra Koozy-spec turbo oil drain line along with one I had fabricated to fix the notorious leak issue. I have a 2.5" and 2.75" inlet elbow, depending on which intake you want to use. The cp-e intake will require a 3" elbow, though. Tial BOV. Recirculating WG dump.

Last edited:
OP
V_2

V_2

Thread Starter #3
Turbo has about 40k, not sure about the exhaust but at least that much. The intercooler has about 1.5k.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
I hope this is ok with the OP.

I want to add that if you (as the buyer) wanted to upgrade the turbo, it’s as simple as buying a Garrett GTX “supercore.” You just swap the hot side over to the supercore and there ya go. It is unconfirmed if a G series will work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
This is a great Turbo setup that is proven for any of those who are sitting on the fence....It a complete setup and like Hijinx said it can be upgraded if desired! GLWS! [woot]

What was the max power you got out of this setup? And on what fueling? Hopefully buying a turbo kit in the next couple months and weighing my options, and this is very enticing (if it's still around when I am able to purchase).

Just been having a hard time finding details on what power potential these have, and how it compares to say a x47 or Whoosh Hybrid.

OP
V_2

V_2

Thread Starter #9
I never put it on a dyno but here is a vdyno from when I was tuned on 93, stock fuel system

E30 and stock fuel - add about 5-10 peak WHP and ~250 RPM earlier spool

Single port AUX fuel and E50 - spooled up around 3200-3300 RPM and a hair under 330 WHP (328, I think).

The vdyno was in dry mid 80's ambient temps. The other two numbers are from tuning in humid mid-upper 90's temps. More power can be squeezed out of it, but you probably shouldn't if planning to daily.

Hybrids are a great option, as well. But what I will say in this kit's favor is you have a foot in the door for future upgrades (as pointed out earlier) while still making amazing power in the meantime.

Last edited:
Thanks for that! Full boost is a little later than I was expecting, but that power level (280-290whp on 93) is exactly what I am looking for, and knowing this has a bit more in it is nice. I've got a couple months to ponder but if this is still available mid-october (which I'm sure for you, hopefully it isn't!) I may be in touch! Appreciate the info.

OP
V_2

V_2

Thread Starter #12
Everything is sold except the turbo kit.

I assure anyone on the fence because of mileage on the turbo that it is in great shape and will treat you well. My car has always been a street build/daily commuter.

Everything is sold except the turbo kit.

I assure anyone on the fence because of mileage on the turbo that it is in great shape and will treat you well. My car has always been a street build/daily commuter.
If anyone is concerned about a turbo with 40k miles they should probably do some research about turbo life, because that's nothing!

Regarding the (minimal) lag this has, how different did the car feel from the stock turbo? When driving spirited I am above 3k, so I am not concerned about not having full boost at like 2500 (cause that's pretty useless tbh), but I want it to still have the same around town get-up the stock turbo has. Did this push it into more of a highway car, or was the drivability similar to stock? If this is still available in two months (unlikely) I'll probably snag it.

OP
V_2

V_2

Thread Starter #14
Turbo life does depend on the environment it is used in, so I can understand folks' concerns. If those 40k miles had a lot of track time, for instance.

I just put the car back to stock this past weekend to an OTS stage 3 map and I don't really feel any lag difference past 3k RPM, only :( as I climb into midrange RPM and above. Sure, the stock turbo has way more torque from 2k-3k, about 100 lb/ft at peak difference, but the gt2560r and stock turbo cross torque curves around 4k RPM on 93 with stock fueling, then the gt2560r is flatter at that level up to redline. Adding E and AUX fuel only wake it up further.

So while there is lag present if you go WOT under 3k RPM in 3rd gear and up, I can't say I've ever done that unless logging for tuning.

Turbo life does depend on the environment it is used in, so I can understand folks' concerns. If those 40k miles had a lot of track time, for instance.

I just put the car back to stock this past weekend to an OTS stage 3 map and I don't really feel any lag difference past 3k RPM, only :( as I climb into midrange RPM and above. Sure, the stock turbo has way more torque from 2k-3k, about 100 lb/ft at peak difference, but the gt2560r and stock turbo cross torque curves around 4k RPM on 93 with stock fueling, then the gt2560r is flatter at that level up to redline. Adding E and AUX fuel only wake it up further.

So while there is lag present if you go WOT under 3k RPM in 3rd gear and up, I can't say I've ever done that unless logging for tuning.
Fair enough on the use conditions and how they relate to turbo life.

And thanks for that info, that's good to hear! GLWS (but only partly, because I really want to buy this when I have the money!)

OP
V_2

V_2

Thread Starter #17
You could apply for a PayPal credit card and pay it over 6 months without any interest...Just saying....[emoji848]

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
COTD material right here [emoji106]

Good deal on that turbo kit, if I didn't just buy that, stoptech BBK for my car I'd possibly consider it. Then again, I'm needing a LSD in my tranny before any more power.

Good luck with the turbo sale, definitely a good deal!

You could apply for a PayPal credit card and pay it over 6 months without any interest...Just saying....[emoji848]
You and your good bad ideas...I need to make it through my friends bachelor party next month before I can commit this much fun money to my car!