Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

FiST Died Randomly & Won't Start

OP
Chris G

Chris G

Thread Starter #22
I will be very very happy if that is all it is. Until then, I'm assuming the worst. Do you guys think I should mention the recall when speaking with the dealer tomorrow or should they already know about it?

OP
Chris G

Chris G

Thread Starter #24
They will runs your vin in the system. But i always go prepared with knowledge/research.
I won't be going in though since the car is already there. I had to drop it off after hours. I'll likely give them a buzz tomorrow AM after they open.

OP
Chris G

Chris G

Thread Starter #25
Just a quick update - no news yet. I did receive a call very early this morning from the Ford Dealership that I left my car at on Friday evening. I was pleased that he called so quickly after they opened after a long holiday weekend. He was very courteous and wanted to know what happened. I was able to explain to him, in detail, what I experienced. He mentioned that they were going to run some tests on it today and that he would touch base at the end of the day with news.

I asked him about the fuel pump recall and he said he just caught wind of it, as a service adviser, last week. He was not sure if my car (or the ST) was part of that recall but he said they would be checking that.

Fingers crossed.

OP
Chris G

Chris G

Thread Starter #26
Fuel pump is being replaced tomorrow. He said it was shot. He also mentioned that they are going to test a fuel pressure switch once the new pump is in.

rexdriver85

This is all good to hear! Did he say you were affected by the recall or was it just a failure?

You were definitely in the recall build date range so even if it didn't apply to your vehicle for some odd reason, the pump was probably from that bad run even still.

OP
Chris G

Chris G

Thread Starter #28
He has not mentioned a recall yet beyond our chat on the phone this morning. Should know more tomorrow.

OP
Chris G

Chris G

Thread Starter #29
I do think after this hiccup that I am going to tread lightly with mods. I have a few things on the car and the last thing I want to do is void it for some weird reason due to a few small things. Plan on putting it mostly back to stock over the next few weeks and enjoying what the stock car has to offer (which is a lot IMO)

OP
Chris G

Chris G

Thread Starter #30
For those interested, I got the car back tonight. They ended up replacing the fuel pump and that fixed that problem. Fingers crossed that doesn't happen again.

MOFiST

Good your all sorted.
I assume your talking about the in tank fuel pump as opposed to the high pressure fuel pump?

OP
Chris G

Chris G

Thread Starter #33
Good your all sorted.
I assume your talking about the in tank fuel pump as opposed to the high pressure fuel pump?
Yes, believe so. Repair order said they removed the tank to install.