Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

FiST Doesn't Start

So it happened last week and again today. I drove it for a short distance and stopped, turned the car off then ran inside a gas station. I come back out get in and start the car and starts fine. A/C starts blowing hot, and when you press the gas pedal nothing happens. I turn the car off and turn it back on and doesn't start. Doesn't even try to, no abnormal sounds, etc. My accessport will also stop communicating with the car so it won't read codes, gauges, etc. Normal power for radio, lights, etc work with no issues.

Once it sits for a bit it will drive perfectly fine and have no codes or anything.

Any ideas? I want to take it in but I think maybe I should take off the Stage 3 kit first?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GAbOS

The symptoms sound exactly like what happens when you Start the car without the clutch fully engaged.

OP
redsilvy
Thread Starter #3
Yeah, basically the same as that but when I start it and it actually starts the first time it just doesn't move. You can't even rev it in neutral.

GAbOS

That sounds like an 'electrical' bug somewhere. Sensor whacked or bad ground even.

haste

1000 Post Club
That sounds like an 'electrical' bug somewhere. Sensor whacked or bad ground even.
Yup, could be a bad ground. Op, check your battery connections and make sure they are tight and nothing is broken.

OP
redsilvy
Thread Starter #6
Yup, could be a bad ground. Op, check your battery connections and make sure they are tight and nothing is broken.
Yeah I checked those. It's weird that I don't do anything and it'll start again. I don't move anything and then it'll just start out of no where. I'll have to look up the ground connections and where they are and check those. I would think if it were something loose it would happen while driving since I do go over speed bumps daily.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I had my car do something similar....right after I got gas. Hit the button.....clutch fully depressed. ......nothing .....waited .....tried again.......nothing again.......waited another minute.....started right up. Weird....but never happened again....been 3000k.

I had my car do something similar....right after I got gas. Hit the button.....clutch fully depressed. ......nothing .....waited .....tried again.......nothing again.......waited another minute.....started right up. Weird....but never happened again....been 3000k.
3000k? That's a lot of miles ;)

I don't know why it wouldn't start, but if the gas pedal doesn't do anything - do you have a gas pedal spacer? could the plug for the drive by wire be loose? I have no idea, but maybe something to check out...

3000k? That's a lot of miles ;)

I don't know why it wouldn't start, but if the gas pedal doesn't do anything - do you have a gas pedal spacer? could the plug for the drive by wire be loose? I have no idea, but maybe something to check out...

OP
redsilvy
Thread Starter #10
No spacer and I could check it.

OP. Are you saying your not getting any throttle response?? Does it happen when it's hot or cold?

Wrenching for Ford is what I do

OP
redsilvy
Thread Starter #12
It's been about 90-95 degrees out when it happens. It starts fine at home, I drive it to a gas station maybe a mile away at the most and park and turn the car off. When I get back out to the car it will start but the ac will not blow cold and there is no throttle response. Once I turn it off it's like trying to start it without the clutch engaged. All accessories work though. And on the touch screen it seems like it recognizes the clutch being engaged because the "push clutch to start" message will go away when I do push the clutch. During this time the AccessPort will turn on but will not read gauges, Ecuador codes, etc.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Maybe the ac compressor is locking up, what if you turn off the ac and try it. Maybe start the car with it off and have someone engage the ac so you can see what happens. Just a thought.

OP
redsilvy
Thread Starter #15
Maybe the ac compressor is locking up, what if you turn off the ac and try it. Maybe start the car with it off and have someone engage the ac so you can see what happens. Just a thought.

I'm not sure what you mean by engage the ac. It drives and ac blasts cold every day except for the two separate days this has happened.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Turn on, some of the escapes with the 1.6 ecoboost have come in with seized ac compressors and the belt broken