Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

FiST engine failure. S280.

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Damn that sucks. What a way to go out. Poor engine ran hard for 2 weeks the checked out.
For real. That's why you always go easy on it and make sure you're not over boosting before you go WOT! I plumbed my solenoid wrong last time too and caught it almost immediately.

OP
Magnetic

Magnetic

Thread Starter #6
For real. That's why you always go easy on it and make sure you're not over boosting before you go WOT! I plumbed my solenoid wrong last time too and caught it almost immediately.
I was trying to install the AIRTEC inlet and I bumped the solenoid hose and it felt apart. Barely even touch it and so glad I actually noticed something looked funny. Looks like that’s going on the BI-yearly checklist of things to make sure are in good working order.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
It sucks but two things first Ya plumbing but swapping the the hoses on the WDGC is like wow big oops. Second is 10 revisions? That sounds like an awful lot. I don’t know how many my first tuner did because it was on a dyno all I do know is it started tossing codes on me.
Second tuner and current took 3 revisions to dial it in. It’s been great ever since.

PhoenixM3

It sucks but two things first Ya plumbing but swapping the the hoses on the WDGC is like wow big oops. Second is 10 revisions? That sounds like an awful lot. I don’t know how many my first tuner did because it was on a dyno all I do know is it started tossing codes on me.
Second tuner and current took 3 revisions to dial it in. It’s been great ever since.
Agreed. I also had my hoses swapped initially, but knew that the boost shouldn’t come on hard at 2300RPM and consulted my tuner immediately. I’ve had my 280 for installed for about 20K miles now.