Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

FiST Rally Car Goodness

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Who's car is that very first R5 pic above?? (Is it Fetela's car with a new livery??)

GREAT pics!!! [twothumb]

That Dirt Fish Hovinga driven, Washington State, L2WD, Magnetic FiST was the crew I spoke to last year at NEFR.
I hope that they reinforced the upper front strut mount tower, as last year in New England, by the final stage, they sent one of the dampers right through the unibody strut tower metal!

I'm guessing that the Terras are a MUCH stronger wheel than most think they are, since they are STILL competing on them. [thumb]

Last edited:
OP
Phishy
Thread Starter #10
Who's car is that very first R5 pic above?? (Is it Fetela's car with a new livery??)

GREAT pics!!! [twothumb]

That Dirt Fish Hovinga driven, Washington State, L2WD, Magnetic FiST was the crew I spoke to last year at NEFR.
I hope that they reinforced the upper front strut mount tower, as last year in New England, by the final stage, they sent one of the dampers right through the unibody strut tower metal!

I'm guessing that the Terras are a MUCH stronger wheel than most think they are, since they are STILL competing on them. [thumb]
I cant remember which team was running that R5 in the first picture. The car looked brand new, or its first event after a complete refit. They had arrived late and barely made it through tech in time. They were just putting the stickers on when I snapped that pic. They all had UK accents, lots of F bombs being tossed about.

The Magnetic FiST crashed out Saturday morning. Not real bad but it came into service on a trailer with the whole lower bumper caved in, smashed IC and radiator etc.

McKenna finished 2nd over all like 1 minute 40 behind Higgins. Seehorn crashed out hard Saturday afternoon, pretty much took the whole rear of the car off behind the wheels and caused a tree to fall that blocked the stage. He had been running a strong 3rd all weekend.

Pastrana lost an alternator, had punctures on 2 stages, then mangled the radiator and IC due to the second puncture. He finished 3rd due to Seehorns misfortune. Pastrana could not be a cooler guy with the fans and BS'ng during service and parc ferme etc. Really likeable dude.

The McKenna car is stupid fast and sounds crazy.

Fetela was there with the Fiesta Prototype and I think finished 4th.

I think 54 cars started and 38 finished. Super fun weekend, perfect weather like 72 and cold at night. We had a blast.

I have a ton of pics and will start getting them up here.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Nice pics man....I live in Mn and gotta go to this Rally...hopefully they have one again next year like they always do! It always cool up there around this time and perfect Turbo weather....keep everything cool! Keep the pics coming when you get time if you have more!

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
After NEFR (especially LAST year, when it was MUCH drier), you could not even tell my car was a Magnetic anymore due to the 'corn silk starch' fine, and all enveloping dust! LOL
NICE pics, and even those FWD R2 cars can crazily LAUNCH off the line in gravel (let alone the R5 AWD cars! [crazyeye] ), correct?
(Did you ever get a chance to see them start?)

Yeah, McKenna is going to be chasing Higgins FOREVER, both because of the 'Pro Drive West' Vermont Sportscar effort with their endless Scoobie bucks support, and also that Higgins is a slightly better overall driver who has actually driven more than a few WRC events (and he rarely destroys the equipment, unlike McKenna, even he is getting better at not driving the first stage like it is the last).
Whereas McKenna has only driven mostly Irish tarmac and some gravel events, with possibly the Brit round of the WRC.

I really wish that Cunningham (that orange and white C-Sport R5) could move way up in the standings and at least challenge some of the 'privateer' Scoobies (like Seehorn's), but I think he is still getting used to that car, and it;s power/potential. [wink]

Last edited:
OP
Phishy
Thread Starter #16
Some more of the Irish R5 in service. The air box is like 1/3 of the engine bay. That's the airbox on the ground in the mast pic after they took it out. The engine and Sadev gearbox are mounted low and leaned waaay back at what looks like a 45° angle. I was totally geeking out in the services
20190824_120933.jpg 20190824_120845.jpg 20190823_172523.jpg

OP
Phishy
Thread Starter #18
I was a little slow on the shutter trigger all weekend with my phone. The amount of dirt and rocks the big guys throw out is incredible.
20190824_153027.jpg

OP
Phishy
Thread Starter #19
The suspension and brakes on the high level cars is total lunacy. The hubs are incredibly beefy, there a TON of metal there.
20190823_171523.jpg

This was in the Millers trailer for their older Focus, they had some new coils as spares but were trying to kill the old set in this rally. We got to service early and the mechanic chatted us up like crazy before the car came in. I think they finished 15th overall which seemed impressive.

20190823_163548.jpg
20190823_171546.jpg

Wild rear suspension on the McKenna S2000. The coilovers are mounted at a crazy angle rearward and there is that other other pivot with the blue arm on it. Not sure what that is for?

Last edited:
OP
Phishy
Thread Starter #20
Freaking awesome spare tire holder in the floor of the S2000. They had it open to check something in the rear diff or axles or something.
20190823_171701.jpg

At the services the big guys if there is no major damage check everything. They can check and fix the alignment in a matter of minutes. Usually rebleed the brakes, sometimes change the pads or pads and rotors. It's crazy to see how they do it all. There is a mechanic with his own small tool box for each corner of the car and another few guys doing everything else under hood and inside. Pastrana's mechanics were really busy all weekend.