Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Finally got my FiST today!! And.... Its dirty already. RallyST!

Hooray! After a week and a half of, waiting/disscussing with the salesman, for my Fiesta to arrive I finally got it today!

It's Race Red with the Over Top Stripes, Nav and Recaros. And I love it! It had 277 miles on it when all the papers where signed and done. I've put about 40 miles on it today and... well... some dirt too.

After work I drove down south and found a few gravel pits that i had a blast in. I took video, but my phone + night/dusk = crappy video. I'm going to take my roommate back out there tomorrow, so i'll post a good video.

I have a lot of plans for my FiST, just don'e know where to start. I contacted Team O'Neal Rally School and they would ship me out a skid plate, so I'll start there. So many rock and gravel bouncing around while i was drifting about. Then some Rally Armor Mud Flaps, help protect the sides. Rocky burn outs = Destroyed paint. But, that's for a different post... anyways.

That's all for today! Remember kids, God Made Dirt, ...DiRT D<>NT HuRT. =)

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Congrats. [MENTION=3284]Phoenix104[/MENTION] Been looking for a skidplate as well, got anymore details? Btw love the colour qnd glad you are enjoying it.

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Hooray! After a week and a half of, waiting/disscussing with the salesman, for my Fiesta to arrive I finally got it today!

It's Race Red with the Over Top Stripes, Nav and Recaros. And I love it! It had 277 miles on it when all the papers where signed and done. I've put about 40 miles on it today and... well... some dirt too.

After work I drove down south and found a few gravel pits that i had a blast in. I took video, but my phone + night/dusk = crappy video. I'm going to take my roommate back out there tomorrow, so i'll post a good video.

I have a lot of plans for my FiST, just don'e know where to start. I contacted Team O'Neal Rally School and they would ship me out a skid plate, so I'll start there. So many rock and gravel bouncing around while i was drifting about. Then some Rally Armor Mud Flaps, help protect the sides. Rocky burn outs = Destroyed paint. But, that's for a different post... anyways.

That's all for today! Remember kids, God Made Dirt, ...DiRT D<>NT HuRT. =)
I like it. Congrats! [like]

OP
Phoenix104
Thread Starter #9
Thanks guys =D I am having a blast! such a fun car.

Did it come from the dealer with limo tint? o_O
Yes, almost every car in Vegas has tint. Kind of a must when you have 100+f weather.

Congrats. [MENTION=3284]Phoenix104[/MENTION] Been looking for a skidplate as well, got anymore details? Btw love the color and glad you are enjoying it.
Yeah, the red and stripe is growing on me fast. Here is the Email I received from Team O'Neil.

"We can certainly set you up with a skid plate for your ST. The kit we supply includes a 1/4? plate that extends from the sub-frame, to just past the front bumper lip. This provides good protection for the radiator support and inter-cooler, and the bumper itself. It also includes a front skid plate support bar and weld on sub-frame attachment points, plus hardware. The skid plate frame mounts to the lower bumper beam mounting points, plus an additional brace that mounts slightly further back on the frame rail. Then the sub-frame mount plates need to be welded to the sub-frame. The ST kit is $750. There is an optional foam pad that helps keep rocks from jamming between the plate and oil pan. We can also offer installation if needed, or I can give more specific instructions."

Next paycheck I plan to pick one of these up.

Dirt don't hurt until you put your fingers on it and drag it across the paint making letters or drawing pictures. Then, it scratches. Congrats!
Well.... Yeah. haha xD Alas, it's no show car. A scratch is a scratch, nothing more. I plan to wrap the car anyways, so I'm not to worried about it.

Looks fun. I have done a rally cross and tooled around on the dirt roads near where I live.... may I just suggest pre-running a road before having fun. These cars don't have as much suspension travel as what I THOUGHT the road was like the last time I took it :p

OP
Phoenix104
Thread Starter #16
Haha yeah the travel is pretty small, plus the stock 17's don't help. I plan to run the 15" spare steels and I'm hoping to be able to pick up some 46mm bilstiens from TeanONiel. So that should help out.

And pre-running is a must, especially here in vegas. So many random ditches and giant runts.

Yup! I work there too, if you ever need oil/flush work done or have any questions about services, hit me up, names Andrew.
Will do! Thank you! We have a have Vegas thread in the Southwest section. Feel free to post in there too. We try to get to get together from time to time.

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Also check out the Kono SRT. T (orange) shocks - I am happy with how they have provided a bit more high speed compression dampening when going over washboard and uneven ground.

Keep us posted on the Team O'Neil skid plates - very interested in what they have to offer. Do they have any product details online?

Perhaps look in to the 'no-piston' evap canister skid plate - looks the part and apparently replacing this item is not cheap (if you ever drive over something significant enough to damage it!).

OP
Phoenix104
Thread Starter #20
As far as shocks go, I'm looking for a coil over, monotube, set up. Those Konos are nice, but not quite what I was looking for.

As far as the skip plate, they do not have anything posted about their products. Everything I've seen has been from YouTube. I watched a video about rally racing and one of the people on the cast was saying how he bought products from Team O'NEAL. So I decided to shoot them an email and see what I could find out. I plan to order it some time this month, so I'll keep y'all posted.

Once I get off work, I'll look up that canister skid plate. Sounds interesting.