Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fixing Faded Exteripr B Pillar Trim?

SrsBsns

Hey guys,

I have been working on addressing any small issues so that they don't add up to the point where I'm overwhelmed. My new target is the faded exterior trim panels around the doors. 20200614_103751.jpg

Whats the best fix for this? I'd like to avoid painting if it involves sanding and a ton of work as I don't want this to come out poorly and I don't have the ability to practice first. I could plastidip but I'm not sure how that would look.
Any ideas?

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
I believe that trim is wrapped in vinyl tape.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Business6

Mine doesn't look anywhere near as bad as that but it's enough to have me consider a professional company doing new wrap on it next spring.

OP
SrsBsns

SrsBsns

Thread Starter #6
Ok, so looking at the part #'s and diagrams for Tasca, if I'm going to do driver's and passenger's side for both doors, I'm going to be in for ~$130.

I found a kit on ebay which looks like it's made up of poly carbonate stickers that just go over the top of the existing trim. I'm a little skeptical since I don't know how much these would stick out, but the kit is 14 pieces so it should cover all the trim on both sides. The kit is just under $50. Has anyone ever used one of these kits?

The other route would be to Plastidip these. I had sprayed a few pieces on my bike years ago and it's held up well and still looks good. I'm tempted to just get a can of black and a can of clear gloss protector and spend less than $20. Thoughts?