Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Help fixing passenger blend door

Looking for some help fixing the passenger blend door actuator. First issue I ran into is that I cant completely remove the glovebox. I was able to pinch in both sides and "dislodge" it, but I cannot seem to remove it as I have seen done in youtube videos. I tried pulling it straight out as I have seen in videos but it seems to be held in pretty tightly. Any ideas?

Second problem, the space that I have to work with is pretty tight. What is the best tool to use to get to the 2 T20 screws?

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
Let the glove box go all the way down to the floor and you should be able to dislodge it. Once you do that you should have plenty of room to use hand tools. It's the easiest one to change. I've got size 13 rings fingers and had no issues changing either of the main two that fail. Be sure to notice how it is "clocked" in. The position that the tabs are. It's best to line yours up first before you pull it out.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

OP
F
Thread Starter #4
Okay so I was able to get the glovebox out and the old actuator out. I can’t get the new actuator to sit properly. The old one goes back into position like a glove. Any ideas? The teeth pattern between the old and new don’t line up with when facing the same way.

If I stand up both actuators, there is a little gear that has a slot on it - these slots are in different spots. Not sure if that is my issue?

Last edited:

PhoenixM3

A
Okay so I was able to get the glovebox out and the old actuator out. I can’t get the new actuator to sit properly. The old one goes back into position like a glove. Any ideas? The teeth pattern between the old and new don’t line up with when facing the same way.
Are you using OEM?

Plug the new one in but don’t install it. Then hit the air recirculate button which will turn the actuator so you can slide it into place. Probably take a few tries.

DangerMouse

I just did the passenger side a couple months ago. I had to cut the inside of the tab circled to get it to fit on the car. It didn’t match the old part even though it was the same part number. Has been working fine though since.

Attachments