Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fixing radio by 3.4 update?

Hey guys, after updating my sync 3 from 2.2 to 3.0, the radio defaults to AM radio on some start ups. Has anyone fixed this problem by updating to 3.4?

I went to the dealership and they performed TSB SSM 48112, but it didn't make a difference. I've been trying to downgrade to 2.2, but I haven't been able to do so. Has anyone been able to stop the radio from defaulting to AM radio on start ups?

green_henry

1000 Post Club
AM is A-ok with me. Nothing like Armstrong & Getty in the morning and Mark Levin in the afternoon! It's Divine Intervention :cool:

Seriously, though, I haven't noticed this issue. I switch between AM, FM, and Sirius on a regular basis and haven't noticed it switching on startup (emphasis on haven't noticed). However, when I occasionally play CDs, I've noticed that it switches back to radio on startup.

SteveS

1000 Post Club
We have an F150 and Fiesta, both recently updated to the latest version of Sync 3, and neither exhibits this behavior. Ford forums all over the world have been talking about this issue for quite some time (two years at least) and some point to using the wrong region's update version as the cause. The bulletin your dealer used is supposed to be the fix.

Another thing people suggest is to actually tune in a station on whatever band your radio defaults to (some people have it going to FM), then switch to your preferred media source. Others suggest that if your preference is music via Android Auto, not to open the car door until you've paused the media.

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Mine always goes to AM as well. Kind of an annoying bug.

HardBoiledEgg

1000 Post Club
I work in a dealer and have yet to get mine to stop. Happened once I updated Sync to get the Android Auto. And that was stupid cause I never use it. Now I'm stuck AM every start up.

The last update was supposed to fix it but it didn't do shit.