Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Flex fuel sensor?

There was a member called Razorlab that set up a Zeitronix flex fuel gauge with a GM style flex fuel sensor and I think I saw someone figure out a map that adjusts fueling and boost target based upon ethanol percentage.

I am not sure how it works but I am pretty sure we need to find a spare sensor input on our ECU because the Accessport is just a flashing tool and data logger, it doesn't do any fuel injection calculations itself, the ECU does all of that.

If I can figure this out I want to go flex fuel so I can mix my own blend at home because there are only a couple e85 stations around here, I don't want to go out of my way to fill up or have to nail the ethanol percentage every time.

If I can get it to work, I can drive around without the Accessport plugged in because I won't have to change maps if my ethanol percentage changes.

OP
G
Thread Starter #6
There was a member called Razorlab that set up a Zeitronix flex fuel gauge with a GM style flex fuel sensor and I think I saw someone figure out a map that adjusts fueling and boost target based upon ethanol percentage.

I am not sure how it works but I am pretty sure we need to find a spare sensor input on our ECU because the Accessport is just a flashing tool and data logger, it doesn't do any fuel injection calculations itself, the ECU does all of that.

If I can figure this out I want to go flex fuel so I can mix my own blend at home because there are only a couple e85 stations around here, I don't want to go out of my way to fill up or have to nail the ethanol percentage every time.

If I can get it to work, I can drive around without the Accessport plugged in because I won't have to change maps if my ethanol percentage changes.
Yes!! That's what I'm saying. Thing is I don't want too many extra things in my car like the thing most guys running flex fuel they have there sensors and stuff inside there glove box. Sorry if my run on sounds crazy still half asleep.

OP
G
Thread Starter #8
Does anyone know if [MENTION=1098]DHM[/MENTION] is working on something like this??

We haven't built custom Flex Fuel for the Ford platform (yet?). It's something we're looking into though, but no idea on if it is possible or an ETA, very dependent on a lot of testing. That box above from Delicious is Subaru only AFAIK.

Ian

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
I soooo want to run straight E85
An integrated flex fuel sensor would allow the ECU to adjust based on the ethanol content.

What you're wanting in this comment requires a new HPFP or a cam shaft with a higher profile/different shaped lobe for our HPFP.

Izzy

An integrated flex fuel sensor would allow the ECU to adjust based on the ethanol content.

What you're wanting in this comment requires a new HPFP or a cam shaft with a higher profile/different shaped lobe for our HPFP.
Then someone needs to get on that...would love to take the mixing/ratio out of the equation. If a freaking Tahoe can run straight E85 so should we...lol

I have the Cyborg w/EWG and using the Stratified Aux fuel kit (single injector) from DHM to add fuel when the HPFP starts to lean out. I run an E40 blend most, if not all the time. I watch my Zeitronix ethanol content analyzer to ensure I have the appropriate fuel mix and just switch maps on the fly if the content gets too low.. Adam (+Tune) has the tune time on target, never had an issue.. But Boomba just came out with a four injector plate that goes between the manifold and head, might upgrade to that just to ensure good fuel mix going to all cylinders...