Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Focus RS will be awd

DHM1

1000 Post Club
I have a hard time following your sentence structures, let alone your rumors.
Sorry do not always read before i post. But that Car that is in the autoblog blog is FWD not AWD. That is were i got my info from. I was up under that car in a random parking lot some where.

I was up under that car in a random parking lot some where.
What you are likely seeing is the next Gen Focus ST. The standard car is getting its refresh and is hitting lots (now?).
There is likely R&D still being completed on the final suspension and NVH tuning.
Its unlikely this car will have the 2.3 EcoBoost in any case. The torque output makes in prohibitive in a "Stock" FWD car.
Can you picture the wheel getting ripped out of an inexperienced 16 year old hand as 300wtq decides a new direction is in order?

I am on board and hope for an RS-AWD. I just hope they tune the Haldex for earlier engagement than what i have founf in the Audi products.[thumb]

DHM1

1000 Post Club
What you are likely seeing is the next Gen Focus ST. The standard car is getting its refresh and is hitting lots (now?).
There is likely R&D still being completed on the final suspension and NVH tuning.
Its unlikely this car will have the 2.3 EcoBoost in any case. The torque output makes in prohibitive in a "Stock" FWD car.
Can you picture the wheel getting ripped out of an inexperienced 16 year old hand as 300wtq decides a new direction is in order?

I am on board and hope for an RS-AWD. I just hope they tune the Haldex for earlier engagement than what i have founf in the Audi products.[thumb]
ugh never mind in a couple months when the car is released at the auto show i will just come back and explain all im doing is confusing people and trying to not make a clear statement as to what i know. In a few month the Ford will give the press release and then there will be the auto show.

ugh never mind in a couple months when the car is released at the auto show i will just come back and explain all im doing is confusing people and trying to not make a clear statement as to what i know. In a few month the Ford will give the press release and then there will be the auto show.
So. You say the new RS is only a FWD?

DHM1

1000 Post Club
So. You say the new RS is only a FWD?
who knows what im saying seems like know one can put two and two together and im not going to do it for them. I know what i seen in person. I dont know what production will be. That is all.

dyn085

2000 Post Club
who knows what im saying seems like know one can put two and two together and im not going to do it for them. I know what i seen in person. I dont know what production will be. That is all.
OK. I believe what you have seen. But I know what I have seen. And I have seen the final specifications but I must say I don't know if the specifications for Europe and the USA are the same.

Yes, that's the 2015 ST. Compare the fog lights in this picture to the ones in the OP.
No. It's not the 2015 ST. Why should they camouflage the 2015 ST? The new ST has still be shown to the public.
Here in Germany the same car was spotted on the Nurburgring. Look closer. The front bumper is bigger than the one from the ST with bigger front air intakes. The exhaust is a duplex. ST has a middle-flowting exhaust. It's a ST-body but the technology under the hood is RS.

http://www.autoblog.com/2014/10/17/ford-focus-rs-spy-shots/?icid=autoblog|check-these-out

razorlab

1000 Post Club
Did you forget about the Mazdaspeed 3 with the 2.3L turbo?

Even my lil' Fiesta makes 300lb/ft

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Yes, that's the 2015 ST. Compare the fog lights in this picture to the ones in the OP.
i didnt know the 2015 st came with dual exhaust, 4 pot font calipers, a 2.3l ecoboost, and a front grill that has not been release yet.

dyn085

2000 Post Club
OK. I believe what you have seen. But I know what I have seen. And I have seen the final specifications but I must say I don't know if the specifications for Europe and the USA are the same.
They won't be the same. None of the models between the countries are the same due to the different regulations. Anyone without a USDM FiST that wants a Cobb tuner can agree, and the same goes for the US owners that want the ridiculously large IC (I forget the model).

I have a couple more photos of the 2015 ST that I'll post in a minute.

i didnt know the 2015 st came with dual exhaust, 4 pot font calipers, a 2.3l ecoboost, and a front grill that has not been release yet.
Is there any reason to think this may not be the 2015?

It could just as likely be the 2016? 2017?

Just a thought.

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Is there any reason to think this may not be the 2015?

It could just as likely be the 2016? 2017?

Just a thought.
2013-2014 are the same 2015 has been set and manufactures dont make big changes like that one year after another. im shock they did it after two. but its not a st.

dyn085

2000 Post Club
No. It's not the 2015 ST. Why should they camouflage the 2015 ST? The new ST has still be shown to the public.
Here in Germany the same car was spotted on the Nurburgring. Look closer. The front bumper is bigger than the one from the ST with bigger front air intakes. The exhaust is a duplex. ST has a middle-flowting exhaust. It's a ST-body but the technology under the hood is RS.

http://www.autoblog.com/2014/10/17/ford-focus-rs-spy-shots/?icid=autoblog|check-these-out
Actually, I think I was wrong in my response to the picture I quoted. That is the RS test-mule. I forgot that they were using the 2012-14 body-style for testing. The 2015 was held under-wraps until the Festival of Speed, but Job 1 is supposed to start in Nov I believe.

dyn085

2000 Post Club