Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Ford confirms new electric car will be called the Mustang Mach-E

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Only if they will Guarantee their paint without issues for at least 7 yrs.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Don't want it no thanks. I'm cool with electric vehicles, but I would never pay a premium for one and at this point you still do. Not to mention I would also have to pay a electrician to add a port to my house.

And as mentioned above after dealing with this pitiful paint I'm not buying a Ford product.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Gas will go down and electricity will go up.... people will fight at charging stations just like the Popeyes chicken sandwich.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Gas will go down and electricity will go up.... people will fight at charging stations just like the Popeyes chicken sandwich.

I really don't think that will happen. You could just be like my neighbors and have some solar panels. They could charge a electric vehicle for free during the day.
Electricity is becoming cheaper and easier to produce every day.

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
I'd love an electric car, and adding a charging receptacle would not be difficult for me to do. Even if global warming is not a result of human activity, smog (which absolutely is) is enough reason to want to reduce emissions in urban areas with high traffic (reduction in noise pollution would be an added benefit). We can definitely design a better grid, anybody that argues against it is only interested in protecting their investments, but one thing they are correct about is that tacking on various sources of power generation is a problem.

https://www.vox.com/energy-and-envi...8620/renewable-energy-power-grid-architecture

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
I love certain types of sound like music. I truly love a good engine sound it brings me great joy. It is part of having ADHD electric cars just can't do it. I work in the road not being able to hear a vehicle behind me makes me nervous. Pros and cons exist with everything.

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
I love certain types of sound like music. I truly love a good engine sound it brings me great joy. It is part of having ADHD electric cars just can't do it.

We'll be a dying breed, and in all honestly, while I love a good exhaust note, if everybody daily drove straight piped it would be horrible to live in urban and suburban places.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
We'll be a dying breed, and in all honestly, while I love a good exhaust note, if everybody daily drove straight piped it would be horrible to live in urban and suburban places.
Yeah I'm going to stay in the country. Not moving nope.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
It's all a matter of time until they figure out how to tax sunlight also....

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
It's all a matter of time until they figure out how to tax sunlight also....

Anything can be taxed. Somebody has to pay for the maintenance and distribution of electricity. And if a large portion of revenue comes from the gas tax, large numbers of electric vehicles will be a problem for road maintenance.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Some states have already tackled this by adding a yearly registration fee for electric and hybrid vehicles. But yeah electric vehicles are going to have to pay some type of tax. If you're not paying gas tax I believe it's perfectly fair to add a yearly fee.

What I hate most about this is the use of the name Mustang. There was no need to do that. Get creative or use another name from their past.

The only other thing I completely dislike is the huge center screen combined with a stark interior. Looks no different than what an employee who works as a cashier stares at all day. An ugly point of sale device.

Other than that it is not a bad looking vehicle with good enough specs to be a competitor in the EV space.

SrsBsns

Wow, that's ugly.

I remember reading somewhere about it getting a 5-speed manual. Seemed weird for an electric. Anyone else hear that?