Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Ford Fiesta ST Gets the First COBB Stage 2 Kit, Will Blow Tires Off.

CanadianST

The fiesta was planned to be a sporty DD but I think that's changing, the caprice is a toy, compression is Low enough (9.5) where I could turbo it with low boost (6-8 psi) and. Probably will once I get the mega squirt 3X I built for it tuned.
I also bought mine as a daily but that's starting to change, can't bring myself to drive my baby in the winter. Might have to pick up a cheap truck for a winter rig.

Colin1337

1000 Post Club
I also bought mine as a daily but that's starting to change, can't bring myself to drive my baby in the winter. Might have to pick up a cheap truck for a winter rig.
I really wanted to do that. Someone was selling a Mazda B20o0 truck with a fresh rebuilt motor for like $2300 on base, was really tempted to get a personal loan lol

So stage 2 is just an intake, FMIC and tune? No exhaust or downpipe? Can't watch the video here at work..

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
If the front bumper was already off, it could easily be swapped in 40min. Espp if your paying for dyno time "by the hour", lol. They prob own the dyno, but still with the bumper off and good amount of tools, its an easy 40min job.

Also.. They state they got the intake temps to 170degrees with the stock intercooler. I wasn't there, but I'm confused as to how that could happen. It was 93 degrees here yesterday in Florida and I beat my car hard at 2:45-3:15pm to a Dr. Appointment after. ( GPS said 20min, took me 8min ). Since i was early, i checked the AP3 and peak intake temps were 118degrees. This included 40-90mph pulls onto the interstate and plenty of beating there between. So.... 170degree intake temps from a cold motor for 1 3rd to 4th gear pull leaves me a little puzzled... I fully trust ATP, but... I'm confused... Must have been 145degrees in there dyno room? Lol.

Has ANYONE seen 150+ degrees on there AP3 ? Ever?

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
this was just now on my way home from work. This was as hot as I could get it. Even with the AC on.

If the front bumper was already off, it could easily be swapped in 40min. Espp if your paying for dyno time "by the hour", lol. They prob own the dyno, but still with the bumper off and good amount of tools, its an easy 40min job.

Also.. They state they got the intake temps to 170degrees with the stock intercooler. I wasn't there, but I'm confused as to how that could happen. It was 93 degrees here yesterday in Florida and I beat my car hard at 2:45-3:15pm to a Dr. Appointment after. ( GPS said 20min, took me 8min ). Since i was early, i checked the AP3 and peak intake temps were 118degrees. This included 40-90mph pulls onto the interstate and plenty of beating there between. So.... 170degree intake temps from a cold motor for 1 3rd to 4th gear pull leaves me a little puzzled... I fully trust ATP, but... I'm confused... Must have been 145degrees in there dyno room? Lol.

Has ANYONE seen 150+ degrees on there AP3 ? Ever?
I dont think they had the stock turbo on for the test which could explain it

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Yes. More airflow for sure. Increased airflow would not make more heat, only more pressure.
Like i said, I'm sure Im missing something, just... Not sure what.

Are they measuring it while sitting on a dyno? That could increase temps right? Since there is less air crossing the cooler compared to driving down the road at speed?

Colin1337

1000 Post Club
Are they measuring it while sitting on a dyno? That could increase temps right? Since there is less air crossing the cooler compared to driving down the road at speed?
I'd bet that plays a large part in the increased temps

So... For those of us who have the Cobb v1 maps I'm assuming we can skip the exhaust until last and go straight to stage 2. They didn't mention the intake much or the price on piping swap. Will the panel filter that comes with v1 map kit work or do u need a whole new intake? If so why and how much? To many questions unanswered.

TheStig

Thats odd when im moving at about 50-80mph i see 5-10 degrees above ambient (85 outside, usually charge temp at 90 for example). BUT when im stuck in traffic and that bugger doesnt get airflow, im seeing upwards of 40 degrees above ambient (85 outside, charge temp at 125) but as soon as i get above 20mph it really drops quickly.

If they saw 170 i really wonder how that car survived the sand in the Gobi desert, that would be my real question.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
I have a datalog of me on an autocross course. First... I thought my GF how to drive a manual trans ( for an hour, with a max speed of 30mph ), then... I did 5-6 laps building speed every lap. Then I did a 1/2 speed lap to cool the brakes. Then I did 2-3 hot hot hot laps in the 93 degree florida heat/humidity. Top air intake temp was 125-126degrees. So... Im still missing something I guess.