Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

The Ford Dealer in my country has decided to turn off (at least what I know) the TPMS module in the ST solds, since they are not mandatory in my country (which is awful). However I would like to know if it is possible to enable it just by buy it the green little machine and the TPMS sensors and doing the process described in the first page. Will be enough to active it??

Intuit

1000 Post Club
Is the TPMS module installed in the vehicle? I wonder if it only starts to warn you at some stupidly low pressure like 15 PSI.

To save folks some time and money, it may take several tanks of fuel to wake up the sensors. I likely unnecessarily replaced a set of sensors, only to run into the same problem with "wake up" the following season. So, if you store your tires away and pull them out months later, to find that one or more sensors are totally dead, drive on them for several tanks before writing them off.

just put my winter tires on and of course didnt mark them try the setup on my 2014 fiesta st and worked perfectly thanks for the great info to flash the sensors

For a 2019 ST the Hazard light sequence will seem to work, you get the horn honk and a message on the Cync 3 display indicating that the car is in TPMS Learn Mode but it won't allow you to re-program the system for a new sensor. What you have to do is the method that uses the start button. Note, the insert for the 2019 ST owners manual outlines the Hazard button sequence but when I had Firestone install my new wheels and tires what the technician used was the start button method.

I'll also note that each time pressing the start button switches the ignition ON you need to wait for the center display to fully load up before pushing the start button to turn the ignition OFF. Thus the suggestion for a 2 second pause between button presses that turn the ignition to ON.

As for how long it takes to wake up a new sensor Ford states that 2 minutes of driving is all it takes. However I know from a failed attempt at teaching the system it takes 25 minutes after starting a drive before a TPMS fault will show up.

I will also note that Thursday morning I had my TMPS light come on about 2 minutes after leaving the house. Tires looked OK so I continued my drive into work. Once there I found that the Drivers rear had something that sort of looked like a nail in the tire and the tire pressure was 23.5 lbs. Based on that I suspect that a loss in pressure to 24 psi or less will trigger the TPMS system. Note, what was actually stuck in my tire was a rivet stub that someone didn't take the time to pick up. On a 205/50R16 that level of pressure is perfectly safe for driving at normal highway speeds for a short distance, however with a 205/40R17 you'll be facing an increased risk of a cracked rim if you hit a pothole or bad expansion joint.

PS; good news for me is that the tires on my car are Firestone's installed at a Firestone dealer. So having the tire patched was a zero cost option that only cost me some of my time. Note, some would say why not just plug the tire and be done with it quickly. IMO that is a bad choice to make. Because plugs tend to produce a slow leak and installing the plug does a lot of damage to the belt in the tire. Since my ST is only a few months old with new tires that were installed 4 days after it was delivered I am not going to plug those tires.

Last edited:
I got my TPMS sensors at the same time as I purchased the 16 inch wheels from Summit Racing. Note, also checked with the dealer where I purchased my Fiesta and with their "employee discount" they wanted 76.00 USD each. The high cost of these sensors is why I won't be putting sensors in the Snow Wheels I'm going to put together for this winter.