Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

This close to buying, but that arm rest...

Hello.

Been lurking this site for a while now, and I've been following the car since its launch over here. Finally drove one a few months ago, and I loved it. I keep telling myself once the roads thaw out I'll get one, but theres a nagging issue. I think I'm just looking for problems since I want an excuse to not spend the money - but that arm rest! I'm short, and sit with the seat up close. My right arm doesn't even come close to touching the center rest. Not a problem most of the time, but I do on the occasion take some long road trips.

Are they any good mods to fix this? I've read about swapping it out for a european one? Thoughts?

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Well I am not tall but not short about 6 foot and I can't say i use the armrest much as I like the recaro's snug to the wheel and feet close to the pedals and with the thick side bolster of the seat and of coarse heavy winter jackets I feel like the kid from A Christmas Story in the car sometimes ..

Colin1337

1000 Post Club
I have the opposite problem. I have to sit far back so my left arm doesn't get to sit on the nice padded part of the door haha

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Armrest by Polytech FOHA
Part No: VBA6Z-54644A22-AA
SRP: $199.00
Get local pricing
Armrest has been designed specifically for your Fiesta.
Cushioned top to enhance driving experience.
Flips open for additional Storage.

Vehicle Notes: Not compatible on Fiestas equipped with a factory-installed driver’s seat-mounted arm rest.
- See more at: http://accessories.ford.com/armrest-console-fiesta.html#sthash.m8x9Y3fa.dpuf

As posted above I would give it a look see (the whole drivers seat mounted thing has me cornfused)
Great Find :)

It says "driver SEAT mounted armrest". I take that to mean an armrest mounted directly to the side of the seat, much like what you would see in minivans with the fold down armrest that is attached to the seat itself. Don't see why this wouldn't work, however that's just my interpretation.

Perry

I've got no desire for an arm rest at present. The thing in the center console that (kinda, sorta) functions as an arm rest isn't the greatest such, but I don't find myself wishing for anything more, at least not yet. I should point out that 90%-plus of my driving is in-town driving, though. Were I doing a 90-minute highway commute twice a day, I'd possibly have other ideas.

I've owned my Fiesta ST for about a week, and so far the steering wheel is such a nice place to be, I haven't had occasion to use the armrests on either side. The center console is quite stubby, but with such a short wheelbase and such, I just don't view this car as a "laid back" place to be. More like a "rev happy, every trip is an adventure" type of car thus far. Maybe the Focus ST would be more to your liking?

westcoaST

1000 Post Club
I'm 5'7" and coming from a 2011 Mustang (which I still have) there is no arm rest to speak of in a FiST. I'm planning on constructing a replacement arm rest to replace the existing stubby one, utilizing one of the cup holders as a stabilizer. I'm looking at making a felt covered base which I apply fiberglass resin to, then mounting it to the existing hinge with an integrated aluminum sheet, rounding out the front. Once that is done, I'll top it off with closed cell foam, and get a leather stiched cover. Just some ideas I've been tossing around in my head. I had a 1990 Mustang that I did something similar to.

I'm 5'10" and 155pds. I must sit far back,in fact I know I do bc when I look to see how much room there is between my seat and the passenger seat behind me,there almost touching each other,prob an inch or so apart. I have no problems with the stock little armrest,my elbow sits right on it and my left forearm fits perfectly snug in the door rest. Feel like car was built for me. The armrest could have been made bigger though I see what others are taking about,it's quite small.

-ry

I wouldn't let the armrest length be the deciding factor in whether or not you want to buy this $20-25K performance hatch. Worse comes to worst you could just throw something in the cupholder for support.

My driving primarily consists of a 6hr run to/from work, every two weeks. And, I can't really say I've ever even attempted to rest my arm on the center console. Generally, left hand on the steering wheel (with elbow resting on the door padding), and right hand on the shifter or in my lap. 5ft 7in, 200lbs, non-recaro seats.

Ford Community Posts