Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Got rooked buying oil filter at Walmart, didn't look closely enough!

I change my own oil, and use the Motorcraft FL-910 since they're easy to get at Walmart.

Now, not sure about where you live, but in my neighborhood store, they keep the Mobil 1 in a locked cabinet, if that tells you anything.

I always look inside the box before I buy my filters, but I must have missed this one... In the middle of an oil change, grabbed the last FL-910 on my shelf, and there was a FRAM filter in the box... great, someone swapped them in the store. Luckily Walmart exchanged it for the right filter - only a couple of bucks, but hey... I'm not using the orange bomb on my car.

Look before you buy, especially in my hood!

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I agree...Fram is essentially just filtering your oil through a toilet paper tube. Just remember all the filters are all made by 1 of 4 companies in the US if that tells you anything.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
The OCOD (Orange Can Of Death) is pretty bad for the most part, BUT, Fram's ULTRA filter line up is actually one of the BEST filters you can buy, as far as efficiency, and longevity goes, right up there with (or even BETTER THAN) the best of; Wix, Amsoil, RP, M1, etc.

I ALWAYS make sure that the boxes either still have the ORIGINAL round sticker seal/tape on them, or IF they are the open type boxes, they have the correct filter inside. [wink]

I just go the easy route. The Motorcraft FL400S is only $3.69 on Amazon with free shipping. It's hard to beat that price.

grnmachine02

I've had the same thing happen to me, but it was with a muffler at Advance auto. Purchased stainless steel magnaflow, got home and found shitty thrush muffler in box.

One time I got a mis-boxed input shaft seal. I didn't verify that the correct part was inside the box, last time I will ever not do that. Needless to say, transmission fluid everywhere and I replaced the transmission twice that day. :/